Turbos ??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbos ??
Thumbs Up 
Right so I'm having a bit of a dilemma , I'm wanting to go for 150-160 bhp with relative reliability , do you think my kkk would be up to it or not?
If not what's the best way to go iv been looking into hybrids but they seem to be bigggg bucks which I wouldn't mind if it was going to be perfectly reliable and efficient , but would a tdo4 give the same gains for less money . And also weighing up which would be the easiest job ? And it's probs worth mentioning my kkk is in shit hot condition no shaft play at all
Looking for some good advice really cheers in advance Smile
Thanks given by:
depending which KKK turbo you have - from experience, my K14 was very reliable and can puff towards the 150 mark, no problems at all. My K03, again, is porbably pushing as far as it would and pulls away from toby's T2 setup, at 141bhp.. Isn't likely to get much higher.

remember you need more than just a big blower.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
It would be a pretty shit 150bhp, if from a k14... As it will heat soak like a bitch after more than a few seconds. 130bhp+/- 5 would be far more useable. On a budget? T25 or td04 like the rest of the forum.. But nobody likes a sheep! ('cept the Welsh, obv - wheey). Hitup the search button dude!
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2012, 07:32 AM)n0v0s Wrote: It would be a pretty shit 150bhp, if from a k14... As it will heat soak like a bitch after more than a few seconds. 130bhp+/- 5 would be far more useable. On a budget? T25 or td04 like the rest of the forum.. But nobody likes a sheep! ('cept the Welsh, obv - wheey). Hitup the search button dude!

This man speaks the truth, but then as long as you don't keep your foot in it for too long it should be alright, but as said, it will get hot quickly,

lmao @ the sheep comment! there will be more bloody TD04 blown DT's than T2 soon soon Dodgy
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
OR go the route of max (strictlyderv) and get yourself a K04s. he's putting out 170~bhp with a slipping clutch and a simple pump tune..
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
There's so many options...

Most of the good options you can just pick up off cars easy peasy. I't been said before, look for a turbo off a Diesel engine with a similar power you want to run - you'll be good for 30-40hp either way of that...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
So what sort of figures could i expect to see from my T2 setup then? Obviously im not hunting more power until ive got a Bosch pump in, but hypothetically speaking? Big Grin

/Threadjack Itwasntme
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2012, 12:55 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: So what sort of figures could i expect to see from my T2 setup then? Obviously im not hunting more power until ive got a Bosch pump in, but hypothetically speaking? Big Grin

/Threadjack Itwasntme

T2, FMIC, 9mm with Gov & LDA could prob make just shy of 150 providing you have no boost leaks, air entering system, half decent exhaust, non restrictive induction.

PompeyMark and DumDum will both probably agree with me. Itwasntme
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Hmm....a fairly respectable figure i think! Still got the TMIC atm, but everything in your list is on my to-do list, so thats all good! Nice one ThumbsUp

EDIT: 9mm would be standard Bosch, yes?
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2012, 07:32 AM)n0v0s Wrote: It would be a pretty shit 150bhp, if from a k14... As it will heat soak like a bitch after more than a few seconds. 130bhp+/- 5 would be far more useable. On a budget? T25 or td04 like the rest of the forum.. But nobody likes a sheep! ('cept the Welsh, obv - wheey). Hitup the search button dude!

Angry
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2012, 12:59 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Hmm....a fairly respectable figure i think! Still got the TMIC atm, but everything in your list is on my to-do list, so thats all good! Nice one ThumbsUp

EDIT: 9mm would be standard Bosch, yes?

9mm is another word way of writing "standard 9mm head" meaning its not an 10mm or 11mm.

Gov + LDA are a great start for modifying a Bosch pump, it's all mines had done for now anyhow!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by: