na bosch pump problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
na bosch pump problem
hi been working on my car today noticed a problem ie i cant lower the tickover down at all when its warm its about 1100 what i have also noticed is that you can move the throtle lever from the antistall screw about 1cm before the revs start to go up. i have removed the cold start cable still high revs i have undone the hot tickover screw at the back of the pump still high revs i cant find any other way at lowering the revs at all? i would of thought with the 1cm of play i have on the throtle lever from leaving the antistall screw to the revs start changing 1cm about if i undone all the tickover screws it would of cut out?
this is a na bosch pump never been touched before only removed the armour from it a couple of days ago any ideas guys
edit i have wound out the max fuel screw to the point the tickover lowers but then it wont rev up? so i wound it back in to where it was for now as i had marked the screw.
Thanks given by:
Give it more fuel and let the throttle arm sit further back.... as you wind in the fuel screw it should take up the slack where the throttle arm does nothing if you get me?
Thanks given by:
(19-06-2012, 05:09 PM)tomw1123 Wrote: Give it more fuel and let the throttle arm sit further back.... as you wind in the fuel screw it should take up the slack where the throttle arm does nothing if you get me?
will give that a try tomorrow thanks mainy the reason i removed the armour was realy to try to reduce the black smoke it was putting out i have done a service new oil filters etc new cam belt tensioners etc timming spot on starts runs fine the only issue i have is black smoke and high tick over is there a compromise?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,467 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,996 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,492 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby