icv issues?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
icv issues?
new about the problem when I got the car but not hapened for a while, runs perfectly fine apart from when I come to a stop/ no revs in neutral the revs will drop and the car dies. apparently it used to rev itself aswell, this sound like the icv?

how do you go about cleaning it anything special to look for do? or pretty self explanatory?

or anything else could be causing it?
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
What engine is it? Id unscrew it and give it a quick clean making sure you dont break it. Otherwise get one off a car in a scrappers cheap and try that before buying a new one!
Thanks given by:
Undo it from the manifold, unscrew it and douse it in carb cleaner etc and get all the gunk out, should be better then...

If not, replacement time...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
@srowell - gti6

@ruan cheers bud sounds about as simple as I was hoping will whip that off in the morning and give it a clean
Thanks given by:
Ive also had this happen a few times on my6 only ever happens when breaking to stop.
Thanks given by:
If it doesn't solve the issue, although the OEM ones are expensive, there's no point buying cheap replacements as they are known to go fairly quickly anyway. It's better off paying the £80 for a Magnetti Marelli (sp?) one.
Thanks given by:
I your cleaning the icv, use carb cleaner as said, but use a white spray grease or similar to lubricate it. WD40 will dry up in no time and you will be back to square one.
As Scott said, I found an old pattern part ICV and it lasted bugger all time. It's worth spending the money and buy it once, rather than replacing it in 6 months...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(19-06-2012, 01:59 AM)R45_ODV Wrote: Ive also had this happen a few times on my6 only ever happens when breaking to stop.
same here stop at a junction engine dies Sad

(19-06-2012, 07:13 AM)Grant Wrote: I your cleaning the icv, use carb cleaner as said, but use a white spray grease or similar to lubricate it. WD40 will dry up in no time and you will be back to square one.
As Scott said, I found an old pattern part ICV and it lasted bugger all time. It's worth spending the money and buy it once, rather than replacing it in 6 months...
got plenty of carb cleaner will give it a go later, and start saving for a new one as this isn't the first time this cars had issues with it, just first time in my ownership.

cheers for advice guys
Thanks given by:
Fair play.

If you don't have any luck I have a magneti marelli one here. Not sure on function of it, but looks newish. £10 posted...

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
cheers bud, sadly £10 is more than I can afford right now, if its still giving issues in a few weeks I should be able to afford that
Thanks given by:
I now posess two. Both working Smile giving the spare a bloody good clean up and a nice coating of lube. Keeping it for when the other dies lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2012, 12:09 PM)kernow_joe Wrote: cheers bud, sadly £10 is more than I can afford right now, if its still giving issues in a few weeks I should be able to afford that

Paypal me the price of a 1st class stamp and you can have it. I have no use for it, just collecting dust Smile

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
mate you're a star but I literally don't have a penny to my name Sad got the fuel in my car and all the food I spent the last of my money on in the week
Thanks given by:
PM me your address pal, I'm sure you can return the favor some day Smile

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
what a legend!! thanks bud, pm me your paypal aswell and when I get paid I'll sort you out
Thanks given by:
you know he's gunna make you put your thumb in his butt, right?

not the 'thumb bum friend' for nothing... Big Grin
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Thanks given by: