ecu faults

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ecu faults
So yea... some of you who were at fcs camping might be aware of my current predicament in that my ecu is riddled with faults pics below(pics attached)

The list goes as such (deep breath)

Intermittent fault: Coded anti start operation. Function faulty
Intermittent fault: Coded anti start operation. Function faulty
Intermittent fault: Air flowmeter signal. open circuit or short circuit to ea...flow too low
Intermittent fault: Air flow meter signal. Air flow too low coherence
Intermittent fault: Fuel pressure regulator. Switching off engine requested but regulator still active
Intermittent fault: Fuel high pressure monitoring. Diesel high pressure regulator jammed
Intermittent fault: Accelerator pedal signal 2. Coherence with accelerator pedal signal 1
Intermittent fault: EGR air circuit fault. Airflow measured less than recommended

I dont know what the coded anti start means but I know that sometimes it just wont start until I turn ignition off and then on again, I guess the airflow meters means busted MAF? and the hpr is on the skits?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Immobiliser is shagged
MAF meter used to talk bollocks, then broke, now is just open circuit.
FPR is dodgy
FRPS is dodgy

That's the faults I'd go with from that.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Shit, forgot to get mine off Niall, will get him to post them up in here...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(18-06-2012, 12:13 PM)Ruan Wrote: Immobiliser is shagged
MAF meter used to talk bollocks, then broke, now is just open circuit.
FPR is dodgy
FRPS is dodgy

That's the faults I'd go with from that.

Open circuit?

FPRS = fuel pressure regulator system?
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2012, 01:32 PM)Poodle Wrote: Shit, forgot to get mine off Niall, will get him to post them up in here...

Poodle was yours the one I took a photo of?

Steve, open circuit is something unplugged or a broken wire somewhere
Basically its not returning a signal
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah you did.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Open circuit - the connection inside is f*cked, the hot wire has broken.

FRPS - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ah got letters wrong way round durrrr

but dam, seems like its going to take some work to fix Sad
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Try unplug ECU, clean all the connections a bit and re-plug it in.

I bet this is just bad connections or a bit of dodgy loom.

Agree it could be other stuff too, but start with the simple stuff then work your way through.

Tried clearing faults and then re-detecting? Do the MAF ones still come up right away?

Worth trying another MAF sensor if so, a known good one. See if that is a loom fault too.

Sensors everywhere but since they are all connected by wires (Peugeot wires!) they are just as likely at fault these days Big Grin

Dave
Thanks given by:
I took the 3 connection off the top and sprayed contact cleaner on them , as well as the throttle position sensor and the red and yellow plugs in the engine bay. The engine management light turns off for a second or so when I start the engine then comes back on (can't remember if it did this before though)

I used dads code reader and it gave p0220 which is throttle position sensor , cleared it started engine and it came back. Doesn't list any other codes though, like the pug planet found

Also there's an ecu doctor sticker on the front of the ecu that I hadn't noticed before so I'm guessing previous owner thought ecu faults

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
You won't get all codes from it unless you have PP because some of the codes are manufacturer specific.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
PP does seem to look somewhere else for faults. OBD will pick up EML and also silent faults like EGR unplugged.

But PP is getting more too.

Best to check/reset with PP if available then go from there. Although generally normal OBD should get all the show stoppers.

The throttle is clearly working though lolsteve, so perhaps it's just a dicky connection somewhere. Also I'm fairly certain the throttle is two pots, so they logic check each other so perhaps one of the pots isn't reading right?
An easy check would be to try borrow a known good throttle and plug it in, then reset the faults and see if it comes back.

As always having a spare car that works 100% is very useful when diagnosing another car Big Grin

Dave
Thanks given by:
Dude i'm off Monday, bring it round and we can swap all the parts you like to try and find the culprit.

If you've got an xp laptop we can install my pp2000 on it too...?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(21-06-2012, 02:04 PM)Mr Whippy Wrote: As always having a spare car that works 100% is very useful when diagnosing another car Big Grin

Dave

I was under the impression this one was pretty much 100% until Saturday lol Sad

Is there any shared earth points for these sensors? Thinking maybe a bad earth, since I heard the throttle position and maf shared an earth point which causes the throttle fault although Cully told me mine is the later engine that doesn't have that.

(21-06-2012, 02:43 PM)Poodle Wrote: Dude i'm off Monday, bring it round and we can swap all the parts you like to try and find the culprit.

If you've got an xp laptop we can install my pp2000 on it too...?

I'm working Monday as far as I know, and my girlfriend is coming down that day as well (going to be a long day) Sad you know any other time you're free?

I'll make a partition on my laptop though and put Xp on it so we can do the pp2000 next time

Thanks given by:
Ah ok, no worries. Got a busy couple of weeks tbh, but sure we can sort something out. It's not like this is an urgent problem tbf, the car works regardless. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
where do you get peugeot planet from?
Thanks given by:
Oil pressure gauge doesn't come on sometimes now, Car is winning!

Thanks given by:
Update:
Put replacment throttle sensor on, p0220 still there, tried connecting maf earth wire to negative terminal, still there.
Changed over fps and frps today, engine seems to turn off quicker rather than before where it sorta felt like it was running for an extra second or so.
Swithcing Maf over tomorrow if I meet up with Poodle.

Need pp2000 now to see what fault codes remain

Thanks given by:
You need to properly clear the codes once you've repaired. They won't disappear on their own.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I'm guessing that's with pp2000?

Thanks given by:
Yeah or a standard code reader but if any of them were pug only codes, it won't read/wipe them.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Anything that is a show stopper will show up/clear etc via OBD generic, but PP is good for the Peugeot codes as Niall said. Properly clearing all those out and then re-reading after a lot of work is a great way to check things are fixed.

Iirc, you even get to log a mileage (km) and some other stuff when you do a big fault clearing session inside the ECU somewhere. Something like 16 slots. I'm not sure what happens when they are full, I guess you just wipe them and start again.

Dave
Thanks given by:
Yeah on the hdi ECU you can log a history. Steves one had a full history in It from day one of all the faults. You get 26 slots but once you get to the end, you have to wipe all instead of starting to overwrite at number 1 which is gay.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Think my car deserves some sort of medal for trooping on with so many faults XD

Thanks given by:
Not any more...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ahh ya beat me too it. But yes pp2000 cleared the faults, and they have yet to return meaning the EML is off which is a werid sight Big Grin

Also we dignosed that the MAF is underreading, so now going to silverlake to steal liberate every MAF they got.

Thanks given by:
I'm still amazed by how much we can do with that thing, need to explore it some more, see what other funky features we can find.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Careful poodle as you can brick an ECU potentially with it. It's a fantastic tool but don't mess around too much! I did with my old ECU because I didn't give a shit about it lol.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I'll keep that in mind, cheers. Want to plug it into the other hdi now, see what we find there..!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Quick question: sometimes when i turn on ignition the eml won't come on and if i try to start it it'll just crank and not start, meaning i have to turn ignition on/off until the light comes on.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  faults pug306driver 3 1,108 08-04-2016, 02:55 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Pp2000 faults LewisG 18 4,708 21-11-2014, 11:10 AM
Last Post: pro_steve
  Scanner faults Hec1872 4 1,219 15-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Tom85