Central locking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central locking
My central locking on my dub is temprimental it works fine some days, then lock and un-locks some days..

Any ideas?
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Have a look at the wires between the door and the car inside the black rubber (you may have to cut this off to get to the wires) very common fault that they break
Thanks given by:
having same problem has become constant since disconnecting and connecting door loom so going to cut rubber back and check out this weekend as have checked the door switches etc and can only be this now.

Theres a guide on a gti6 forum for overiding the central locking and it thinks the doors are locked by linking red and green/yellow wire on black connecter on locking module under rear seat but sometimes doesnt fix problem tbh

Il let you know how i get on n if ui can help with any ref to which wires caused my probs

CJ
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You can get a complete replacement loom from the door to the inner kick panel off pug and there are 1 or 2 floating around on eBay - it's a big job but well worth it.
Thanks given by:
Was thinking of doing this but like you say its a big job, im going to cut the old ones of my written off one tomorrow and wait till some decent weather arrives and solder away lol
Thanks given by:
right update for you found out my problem was the little door pin on the shroud which fits into the door card as clicked earlier when i realised this car didnt come with one and the problem has only arised since fitting this causing the pin to foul on door card and stop door locking.
Thanks given by:
Glad you sorted it bud - much easier than wire tracing and soldering
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2012, 03:49 PM)ash240970 Wrote: Glad you sorted it bud - much easier than wire tracing and soldering

Im going to have to take the door car off this weekend and get some new clips and align the rods as seems its the door card putting pressure on lever as when i pul door card out slightly as if the motion from slamming door it doesnt lock but if i press on door card window open and lock it works

Done my bloody head in but going to refab the door cards as the melon who had car before me has screwed the things to door like a prpa nob lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central locking/deadlocking/immobiliser going beserk. pug306driver 5 2,128 29-01-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  central locking bypass auto unlocking andyw 1 1,282 04-07-2021, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Universal remote central locking carrot 1 1,620 19-02-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Mighty306