boost

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
boost
ive got a gt15 turbo and i fitted a mbc a thru weeks back it shud be boosting 21psi but it gets too 16psi and then drops off and no matter how much i turn the mbc the boost just dont seem too get any higher and anyone help me a dont know if its a boost leak or the wastegate spring knackard
thanks
[Image: mintsig.jpg]
STAGE2 XUD DEAD ATM ENGINE REBUILD
GARRET T2-BOSCH PUMP-GROUNDED LDA PIN-GOV MOD-FMIC-STRAIT THRU STAINLESS EXHAUST SYSTEM
COMING SOON TD04 Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Spray a thin washing up liquid solution over all your joints and give it some revs, any leaks should bubble.

If nothing shows then try replacing the spring.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Poodle Wrote:Spray a thin washing up liquid solution over all your joints and give it some revs, any leaks should bubble.

If nothing shows then try replacing the spring.

cheers poodle av never changed a spring on one b4 it easy ?
GARRET T2-BOSCH PUMP-GROUNDED LDA PIN-GOV MOD-FMIC-STRAIT THRU STAINLESS EXHAUST SYSTEM
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a boost leak to me... pressure gets to a certain amount, some pipe / seal somewhere can't take it and opens up and lets all that lovely boost out!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
[quote="jammapic"]Sounds like a boost leak to me... pressure gets to a certain amount, some pipe / seal somewhere can't take it and opens up and lets all that lovely boost out!

JP[/quot
it could be my inlet as when i put my xsantia inlet on too do FMIC one of the bolts wouldent screw back in but it dint leak so i left it Sad
Thanks given by:
You upped your fuel?
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dave Wrote:You upped your fuel?
yes am running a bosch pump smokes abit when u rev it but no smoke at all on boost off boost it smokes abit but not much and pump as bin turned a good bit
Thanks given by:
As far as i'm aware you're supposed to wind the boost up manually and then fit the boost controller to REDUCE the boost.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
KrisB Wrote:As far as i'm aware you're supposed to wind the boost up manually and then fit the boost controller to REDUCE the boost.
the turbo as bin turned up a just dont know how much by the last owner
Thanks given by:
That's not right Kris... Keep it low on the gate, and then use the controller to up it.
JP
Thanks given by:
Yea if there's no smoke on boost then you need to up your max fuel this is why your only hitting 16psi.
Thanks given by:
Dave Wrote:Yea if there's no smoke on boost then you need to up your max fuel this is why your only hitting 16psi.
its uped enuff beleave me my max fuel screw in alot
Thanks given by:
What turbo are you running mate? TD04?

Edit: Just seen GT15
JP
Thanks given by:
jammapic Wrote:What turbo are you running mate? TD04?

Edit: Just seen GT15

lol am wonting too get a TD04 Big Grin
just need too get some gutted too take that on Sad
Thanks given by:
Oh fair do's, im going on how marks is fitted. What a mission we had getting that to boost over 7psi.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
studturbo Wrote:
Dave Wrote:Yea if there's no smoke on boost then you need to up your max fuel this is why your only hitting 16psi.
its uped enuff beleave me my max fuel screw in alot

Well no.. not if you're not smoking on boost... smoke dictates not enough air, and as you have no smoke you have enough air to burn the fuel - up your fuel.
Thanks given by:
bloody hell its gunner be nearly screwed all way in haha
Thanks given by:
Dave Wrote:Well no.. not if you're not smoking on boost... smoke dictates not enough air, and as you have no smoke you have enough air to burn the fuel - up your fuel.

And then once you get smoke on boost fit a bigger turbo for more air, then add more fuel and repeat until a rod makes holes in your block, get a replacement engine and then start again Big Grin
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
Dave Wrote:Well no.. not if you're not smoking on boost... smoke dictates not enough air, and as you have no smoke you have enough air to burn the fuel - up your fuel.

And then once you get smoke on boost fit a bigger turbo for more air, then add more fuel and repeat until a rod makes holes in your block, get a replacement engine and then start again Big Grin

pmsl sounds like a plan too me Big Grin
Thanks given by: