Subtle engine mods...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subtle engine mods...
Was cleaning the car out earlier and as my mind works in mysterious ways I started thinking about the engine and making it breathe a bit easier.

Who has stuck a FMIC on their Pug instead of the bog standard shitty TMIC?

How hard was it and what parts are required have found a Universal FMIC kit on ebay for not-so-many pennies and thought about giving it a good go...Universal FMIC

What other little mods can I do seriously thinking about upping the boost a touch although want my gauge first!
Thanks given by:
Putting a modified Lda pin in will up the power a fair bit on its own

[Image: ground_lda_pin.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Get with the times haha
Yeah most of us have fmic's to keep charge temps down. Mine made a difference :-)
I used a universal job and there are many ways to route it too

Other mods should include
De egr if you have one
Free flowing exhaust
Lda as mentioned
Gov mod to allow better fuelling all round
And a good mbc to control boost :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Unless you're hunting big power, no real need to touch the stock intercooler... Unless you're intending on actually going on track or having NO mechanical sympathy.

I'm making 175hp and I'm still on the standard intercooler... I just have to drive it knowing that it will get hot...

Adjust the injection pump and boost and you'll see some nice gains, loads of guides about for doing it - if you fancy a bit more, look into bigger turbos, also lots of information. Look at the threads of people who have XUDs and read up...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Okay the LDA pin...honestly what the hell does it do and where do I get one?

As for track I do work at Cadwell Park and a perk of the job is we get to do a little bit of the circuit at whatever speed you are comfortable with and they are planning on introducing track time for the marshals to say thankyou at the end of the day so track use yes!

I do intend on doing the exhaust as soon as I get a chance/funds allow etc not intending to run huge amounts of boost just enough to scare the local Saxo's off!!!
Thanks given by:
LDA Pin is what controls the Injection Quantity vs Boost Pressure, so as you up the boost pressure, if you modify the LDA pin, it'll put in more fuel without touching the Max. Fuel screw...

Have a read up on Bosch VE pumps...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Have a read through this mate http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=145. There are also lots of other bits of info on this forum regarding tuning.

What is your current pump/turbo combination?
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
This is my pikey lash up of a fmic lol
[Image: IMG_20111223_023230.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Honestly and truthfully I aint got a clue what pump and turbo it is yet all I know is that it's one of the last Phase 2's to roll off the line it's an was first registered in May '98 so not a clue...
Thanks given by:
Your 99% running a Lucas pump unless someone has changed it
I don't really know what turbos come on the late ph2 just not a t2 lol
Thanks given by:
Yea you will be running a lucas pump and probably a GT15 turbo.

Your first engine mod will be to get a bosch on there!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Mines a ph2, on an R plate, registered in '98, and im running a T2 on a lucas...not sure if it was changed before i bought the car, i know its had some replacement panels at the front, but not sure on the engine side of things. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ideally I don't want to be changing things on mine as that's when things go a bit arsehole upwards for me!

So instead of swapping parts I'd like to make do with what I already have and just adapt it to suit my needs I already think it's running more boost than standard as I went to see a few 306's before I settled on this and compared to them this is like a f*cking whippet!

But would like an FMIC if only for the shits and giggles!!!

Diablo I meant to ask what intake is that off as I can't see a way of running the pipework if you take the IC off the top?
Thanks given by:
you will make shit all power running a lucas compared to a bosch!
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Thought I'd stick this in here as it kinda relates to the mods question instead of starting a whole new thread...

A mate of mine gave me an induction kit earlier which happens to be a proper decent enclosed jobby, gave it a clean up and it's nice and clean and apparently it had been used on a D Tub for a bit then he scrapped the DT and stuck the kit on his F*rd.

So off I go out to *TRY* and fit it to be greeted by lots of pipework and a huge filter box almost at the bottom of the engine bay, can anybody tell me how they mounted theirs as I'm pucking fuzzled!
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2012, 12:11 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: This is my pikey lash up of a fmic lol

work of art... Dodgy
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2012, 08:05 AM)ginge191 Wrote:

work of art... Dodgy

I honestly thought my engine bay way an oily mess...until now TMI
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
This is because Phills boost hoses are normally popped off and making a mess of everything, that photo is on one of the very rare occasions where they were all connected Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:

Nothing wrong with that! Wink
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^^ Says he still running the TMIC Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2012, 12:48 PM)Dave Wrote:

Nothing wrong with that! Wink

Other than from what I can see a lack of any clips on one of the silicons lol...

Eds old bay...its one of a kind haha
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I thought they were supposed to be like that?

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
There'll never be another like it too!!!!
Thanks given by: