Anyone have any experience?
Thanks given by:
Cannot be done on hdi. Only pump bio.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
It Will kill your pump and injectors!

/thread
Thanks given by:
Surely good home made bio will also be ok, or is that what you mean by "pump bio"
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
What is bio pump?

I'm a complete novice in this area...but have a genuine interest in the idea of veg/bio fuels.
Thanks given by:
Run mine only on 100% biodiesel for a while, seems to be fine apart from blocked fuel filters

Have my suspect one of the suppliers was just selling thinned veg oil, which it ran on but wouldn't recommend trying yourself.
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't risk it, not on a high pressure direct injection diesel engine...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
So it's a dead end... (sad face thing)
Thanks given by:
Sorry if i'm stating the obvious, but your post sounds a bit confused, so...

Veg oil and bio-diesel are very different things. HDi's will not run on veg, it'll kill the pump and injectors as already said. However, they are fine to run on bio-diesel, various people have run on bio for ages with no obvious problems beyond a quicker-clogging fuel filter. HTH.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
The only thing they actually kill are the seals...

It's due to the high content of glycerin in Veg oil and the high content of Methanol in Biodiesel, you can get replacement seals for the HP pumps, once you do that, they should be perfectly happy with BioDiesel, however personally I'd want to adjust the fuel filtration system completely, it's just not set up for Bio Diesel.

IMHO you really do not want to run Veg on a DI engine, you really have to twin tank it, since the engines actually inject the fuel onto the piston crown, what can happen is when the fuel is cold, it won't completely burn and end up sticking to the bore walls, leaving varnish everywhere and eventually washing the bores, diluting the oil blah blah... You have to run it so that it will only change to the veg when red hot... It's not worth the hassle.

However, if you make sure that all the seals are OK, there's no real reason why HDis shouldn't be completely happy on biodiesel. However, if the Bio has water in (it's quite hygroscopic...) you'll end up destroying the pump system... HDis like water even less than the early XUD9s, and they really don't like it!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Now that's an informative post,very much appreciated Ruan.
Thanks given by:
I pondered over this for a good while (inc. discussing/arguing with the old boys on the veg oil forum, some of whom are quite dim tbh) in theory, it should be entirely possible to create a batch of fuel consisting of varying amounts of diesel, waste veg and petrol.. To give a fuel with correct viscosity, v close to pump diesel (which is the main, initial problem you'll encounter in the very short term..) amongst leaking seals and the ring gumming..

I lost interest in the concept as I only had my 330d to experiment on and parts are somewhat more dear on them compared to hdi! You'd have to get all experimental and work out the best conc of each In your fuel to give a viscosity close to diesel/bio ... But by the time you end up making the shit, straight veg will no doubt cost even more, so it's only really worth doing if you can access cheap wvo readily!

Edit - iPhone pleb
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
pretty sure they can be twin tanked providing youve a bosch system if youre really set on it.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vegetable Oil as Fuel system cleaner? JTaylor2005 27 4,810 18-04-2016, 03:10 PM
Last Post: silverzx