My friend just got a new car, slightly jealous.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My friend just got a new car, slightly jealous.
ginge191 Wrote:
c.a.r. Wrote:Fair point, didn't realise he was from the island (comically the natives always refer to it as this...)

There's one dual carriageway in the IOW, I drove on it when I bought my Celica last year. There's also a few stretches of B-road NSL, but nothing really useful for a car like this I don't think, so kind of a pointless car in the circumstances...

^^^^^^^^ THIS!

i've said this so many times and have a fair bit of confidence in loosing him in the twistys...

A 306 on cheap coilovers (and tyres?) leaving a 350z through the corners, hmmm...
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
If you can embarass a 106 GTi in your car then that particular 106 GTi is broken.

Not putting your car down in any way, but the overall weight of a 106 plus the linear power they make means that you wouldn't stand a chance - the GTi is in another league really.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I love how everyone has gone all green eyed about this! Out of interest, how many of you have driven one/anything other than a 306?

Of course cars weighing that much are never going to come close to te chuckability of a hatch! Plus, it'd probably handle somewhat better than most of the ebay coilovered 306s! Be happy for the dude ginge, his choice!

I personally wouldn't buy one.
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
I'd have it over a 306 or a golf any day lol............assuming I didn't have to pay for the fuel. Wink
Thanks given by:
n0v0s Wrote:I love how everyone has gone all green eyed about this! Out of interest, how many of you have driven one/anything other than a 306?

Of course cars weighing that much are never going to come close to te chuckability of a hatch! Plus, it'd probably handle somewhat better than most of the ebay coilovered 306s! Be happy for the dude ginge, his choice!

I personally wouldn't buy one.

There is an ongoing 'thing' where the phrase "a 6 would have it in the twisties" keeps being repeated, no matter what the other vehicle being compared is (even italian exotica) lol

Believe it started on the 306GTi6 owners club, which is now unfortunately a members-only club which has become quite a bit more shit since.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
Yea the '6 would have it in the twistys' thing is from gti6 owners club, I've stopped going on there as you can't ask a genuine question without all of them jumping down your throat like your an idiot! Car above is lovely! Fair play to him!
Thanks given by:
c.a.r. Wrote:If you can embarass a 106 GTi in your car then that particular 106 GTi is broken.

Not putting your car down in any way, but the overall weight of a 106 plus the linear power they make means that you wouldn't stand a chance - the GTi is in another league really.

This. I had a 106 GTI and even a '6 wouldn't be any faster down a twisty lane, not just the power or the wide power band but the handling is amazing. You can go into bends at almost any speed, and if it starts to run wide you can provoke a little bit of lift-off to sort it out easily enough Wink

Why did I sell that car...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
106 gtis are really not far off a 6 in a staright line either! I got my ass wooped at fast show by a stripped out one!
Thanks given by:
I put mine against a '6 once, they were neck and neck until about 70-75 but then the '6 started pulling ahead. Not much in it though Smile
Thanks given by:
So, we went for a drive last night; he got a bit annoyed. The DT happily pulling away from him up to 60/70, which is maxed out on our roads, so he was a bit gutted. but the sound of this is rediculouus!!

And what i love.. whilst he's filling up, im still driving lol

[Image: IMG_1468.jpg]

Here's a few videos.

Video driving: http://s1071.photobucket.com/albums/u501...G_1471.mp4

Front Rev's: http://s1071.photobucket.com/albums/u501...G_1472.mp4

Rear Rev's: http://s1071.photobucket.com/albums/u501...G_1473.mp4

But yes, i NEED A PERV in my life now... it's rediculous and makes me want to cream everytime this hits the limiter.. i may be quicker and more fun to 60, and have better MPG, and more space, and nice sounds, and a turbo.. but omg a V6 straight through.... wettttttttttttt
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Grow a pair lmao
Thanks given by:
Oh my. This is beautiful. Next time I'm down I would like to be taken out in it, I will make videos and include my giggles. The giggles are used similarly to a boost gauge, don't you know.
Thanks given by:
You just need a proper turbo on if you want good sounds from your DT TMI
TBH though living there you probably would find it slower with all the extra lag ect.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2012, 11:16 AM)MissTait_GTI6 Wrote: Oh my. This is beautiful. Next time I'm down I would like to be taken out in it, I will make videos and include my giggles. The giggles are used similarly to a boost gauge, don't you know.

If the giggling works like a boost gauge there will be none in this due to the lack of boost!

Ginge, if you like the NA V6 noise the 3L V6 406 coupe makes a nice noise with a decent exhaust Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
That sounds shit :o

THIS is how a Nissan 350Z V6 should sound, turn your speakers RIGHT up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0B-d-pLxiE
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2012, 11:19 AM)strictly_derv Wrote: You just need a proper turbo on if you want good sounds from your DT TMI
TBH though living there you probably would find it slower with all the extra lag ect.

Huh i have no lag, turbo spooling up to 12/13psi on stand still Itwasntme, once driving it's pretty much instant.
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2012, 11:31 AM)ginge191 Wrote:
(06-07-2012, 11:19 AM)strictly_derv Wrote: You just need a proper turbo on if you want good sounds from your DT TMI

Huh i have no lag, turbo spooling up to 12/13psi on stand still Itwasntme, once driving it's pretty much instant.

that's what he's saying Ginge; you'll find a bigger turbo slower, as it'll have more lag.

re-read it, and then face-palm yourself. Wink
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2012, 11:22 AM)mark_airey Wrote: Ginge, if you like the NA V6 noise the 3L V6 406 coupe makes a nice noise with a decent exhaust Wink

This - cheap way to V6 burble and an attractive car to boot. The things are huge though, as Scott would probably testify. Literally 'land yacht' big. An old Vectra is another way to cheap V6 thrills.

He's still a plonker for buying that sort of thing on such a small island though!

Pretty interesting thinking about what would be the quickest transport on such roads. You want something small and light, with oodles of grip and acceleration. I'm thinking a tweeked Starlet/Glanza would fit the bill. A WRC-esque scooby or evo is simply overkill and won't even stretch it's legs on the IoW though.
Thanks given by:
And you do have lag. Wink
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2012, 11:32 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, ..........................

Sorry, did you say something ed......... Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
^^^ HAHAHA! REPPED!
Thanks given by:
Best sounds...

1. V8
2. 5-pot
3. V12
4. V10
5. 6-pot
6. V6
7. 4-pot

Discuss?
Thanks given by:
1. 5-pot
2. 6-pot
3. V12
4. V10
5. V8
6. 4-pot
7. V6

Imo...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Slightly off topic but every day at work there is some sort of beasty Merc that drives past and every single day it catches my ear and makes me look out the window because it sounds so awesome. Must be a v8 at least? Has that jet like 'wooosh' to it.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2012, 07:59 PM)lewisdmz Wrote: Slightly off topic but every day at work there is some sort of beasty Merc that drives past and every single day it catches my ear and makes me look out the window because it sounds so awesome. Must be a v8 at least? Has that jet like 'wooosh' to it.

While I do like the sound of the new quad-cam, VVT, high-revving V8's...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgaCZU0-o...ata_player

You can't beat the sound of an old-skool, iron blocked, 16v, pushrod big-block yank V8...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgYSxfh_E...ata_player

If I had my way, it would be impossible for a car that doesn't sound like that Charger to pass an MOT Big Grin
Thanks given by:
A bently supersport passed while I was in the garden last week, hadn't even seen one before, but the noise made me look....no idea what engine it has (v12 maybe?) But it sounded epic!

Obviously non turbo idi diesel is the best noise.... lmao
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2012, 08:54 PM)Toms306 Wrote: A bently supersport passed while I was in the garden last week, hadn't even seen one before, but the noise made me look....no idea what engine it has (v12 maybe?) But it sounded epic!

Obviously non turbo idi diesel is the best noise.... lmao

W12 Wink
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2012, 11:27 AM)Rippthrough Wrote: That sounds shit :o

THIS is how a Nissan 350Z V6 should sound, turn your speakers RIGHT up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0B-d-pLxiE

:O WANT!

Is that yours?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYAWCNhG4zk

Tbh...

Straight 6 + High Boost....

10.11 1/4 in a 1600kg truck, love it.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ah finally a derv, the thread got interesting Tongue
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another friend wants to join Sian 39 5,193 28-04-2016, 06:13 PM
Last Post: toseland
  Asking for a friend! Sian 35 3,458 07-04-2016, 08:51 PM
Last Post: doski
  Happy Birthday my bacon flavoured friend! Dum-Dum 9 1,681 26-09-2014, 06:23 PM
Last Post: procta