Knocking :( ??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knocking :( ??
Everytime I take off the seems to be a knock then when I brake it knocks again. ENGINE MOUNTS? Had this before on a mg and was a loose mount but iv checked them on my 306 and all tight. Doesn't seem affect the performance just a bit of a pain of a noise.
Thanks given by:
Could be fubard wishbones . What about with up and down motion (Giggedy), any notice there?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Up and down ok as I can see but it's hard to tell as iv got coilovers on and they a bit hard. I'm gna change wishbones next week as well as ball joints. I know I need a new bearing for the top of the coilover as when put them on it looked a bit destroyed. That can't be the problem can it, surely?
Thanks given by:
Could be topmounts, could also be balljoints, mine moved about in the three mounting bolts
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Sounds exactly like engine mounts to me fella. Try coming on and off the accelerator aggressively, if it knocks you've found your problem.

Could be wishbones i guess, but there's usually extra noises to go with that. Can you tell where the noise is coming from-ish?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
If it's lowered and the top mounts looked a bit iffy then they will have probably gone and be under a bit more strain than normal due to lowering too.

Then again it could be the engine mounts, they are really hard to check by visual inspection or rocking by hand. You really need to get some force into them to see how much they move etc... watching an engine on good mounts on a dyno move around is surprising. Watching an engine move on failing mounts is scary haha!

Dave
Thanks given by:
Took the car out last nite and moved off quick and braked hard and Dsnt seem to be any knocking bit if I start off slow then their is like a little knock/crunch and when I turn right at slow speed then u can here the top mount grinding as the coilover turns. Pickled head
Thanks given by:
That sounds like top mount bearings to me.....mine sounded exactly the same, especially turning at slow speed, usually when parking or pulling away.
Thanks given by: