Headlight help...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headlight help...
Does anybody know how to remove the headlight from a 306...the passenger side one looks as if someone's put paint stripper or something on it in the past and it's f*cked the beam pattern up pretty bad, going over to the scrappy in a bit to pick a new one up but would like to know how to remove it.

Once the new one's in the old one will be a project...yes it's going to be used as an air scoop when I get it out going to attempt it anyway got a shitload of fibreglass so going to try and give the intercooler and air filter some extra air!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
you need to remove the grill and hockey sticks (bits under the headlights) and then there are 2 bolts on the bottom edge of the light that are hidden by the grill and hockey sticks normally and on on top that you can see Smile

I have no Idea what phase your car is as you don't say in your first post but if its ph2 the grill is held on by a 10mm bolt behind the badge that is visible when you open the bonnet, if its a ph1 then I honestly can't remember how you remove it lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
It's the best lookin one mate, Phase 2 Tongue
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
InkedMuttley Wrote:It's the best lookin one mate, Phase 2 Tongue

Good lad Big Grin

Yeah the 10mm nut in the middle of the grill then mate and then be careful you don't break any (read too many as you are bound to break some) clips when removing the hockey stick bits under the lights, especially the clips on the end (although replacements are only 82p from Peugeot IIRC) and then its just 3 bolts (2 of them at least are normally torx bolts too just so that one doesn't catch you out Tongue) holding the lights in, best bet will be to learn in the scrap yard, they sort of clip into the wings too so don't force them too much when removing and make sure to disconnect all the wires (hight adjuster, main headlight light connector and the indicator in the wing) before you remove the lights too and with any luck it should all go to plan Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by: