Grants place: 02-04 June

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grants place: 02-04 June
So, i headed up to Grants at 5am, got there pretty early, with the quick arrival of Sam and Niall, we all set immediately on dismantling eveything.

The plan was to have sorted an audio install with a custom boot install, front components and such, and to have a turbo swap.

Day 1 - managed to have a turbo swapped, oil change, bump strips painted and a great start on the audio. few pics from day one - Also, Matt joined in for a little bit, was nice to see his face Smile

[Image: IMG_1250.jpg]

Sam being my custom MBC!
[Image: IMG_1248.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1246.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1243.jpg]

Also had a bit of a pissup on the saturday night which was awesome!

Day 2, we had a few friends join us..Fooby, Scott, Ed, Niall, Sam, Me and Grant

[Image: IMG_1259.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1260.jpg]

and ended the evenings with a nice camping sesh.

[Image: IMG_1253.jpg]

I'm sure theres a load more pictures from people, and i'll get a final pic of the boot install once it's sorted.
It currently stands with all the audio installed, just waiting on some carpet and a few more pieces of wood to measure and fit!

Again, MASSIVE thanks to everyone that's helped on my car over this last few days, currently running my K03 with ~30psi, which i know, is WAY too much, but with an MBC as low as it can, i'm going to reduce the LDA somewhat, still to fine tune..
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Epic weekend man, totally and utterly knackered from it tho! Ill look later and see if I have any pics
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Bantilicious weekend boys and girls Smile that curry was absolutely hilarious!!!

Ginge for god's sake turn your fuel down, 30psi will destroy that ko3 in no time!!!

Grant thanks for having us all up there man, and hope we didn't cause too many issues for you or your parents with the neighbours!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Was good to see you guys on Saturday. 30psi..... Damn ginge! Get some pics of the boot build up. Wanna see how it looks now Smile was looking good when I was up
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
LMAO. Ginge, that turbo will hate you, I tried phoning you back the other day BTW and it wouldn't even ring, then I totally forgot until now Tongue

Looks like you have had a productive weekend though! good effort, turbo spool fast enough? 30PSI might kill it though!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:LMAO. Ginge, that turbo will hate you, I tried phoning you back the other day BTW and it wouldn't even ring, then I totally forgot until now Tongue

Looks like you have had a productive weekend though! good effort, turbo spool fast enough? 30PSI might kill it though!

yeh, the phones that weekend were being very weird - but yes, we were in a massive rush on sunday with a street party and such, so havnt had the time, but i havnt thrashed anything, and controlling my right foot with a cloe eye on the boost gauge!

Matt, the boot build will be finished @ FCS as im working and got to sort out the 1.8 lump, so you'll see it all then!
But im chuffed with it, with the parcel shelf on (which was a bit of an 'ohh errrm' idea) actually looks nice!
Thanks given by:
Good stuff mate. Glad to hear work is commencing on the 1.8. As said the other day I look forward to seeing some progress on this, see how it goes. Then maybe I'll build one up ninja
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:Good stuff mate. Glad to hear work is commencing on the 1.8. As said the other day I look forward to seeing some progress on this, see how it goes. Then maybe I'll build one up ninja

Dont be a sheep, get cracking NOW mate!! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
This is the only pic I got the whole weekend

[Image: 2012-06-03151822.jpg]
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:This is the only pic I got the whole weekend

[Image: 2012-06-03151822.jpg]

Now there's a supprising sight. Foobys on the floor and his phase fail is broken.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:
Matt Wrote:Good stuff mate. Glad to hear work is commencing on the 1.8. As said the other day I look forward to seeing some progress on this, see how it goes. Then maybe I'll build one up ninja

Dont be a sheep, get cracking NOW mate!! Big Grin

Then if I do it first that'll make you the sheep? Haha

Email me all the info you have. I wanna take a look at the details Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Afraid not. I'm going to pull a 'ruan vnt' and tell you it's taken me a while to source info, and still am...
Thanks given by:
I had a look about the other night and found some fair amount of knowledge and wisdom, took me a while to find, but very usefull. Will be good to see which route you go with 'rods etc Big Grin get building! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Great weekend lads.

Sorry about the miserable fat old lady garden that olives over the road. That genuinely is the fastest I hae ever seen her wobble. She was the only person with a problem. Everyone else I spoke to was keen to know what we were up to. lol

Great curry too. Too many lol's. Think the other couple in the curry house didn't see the lol factor though haha!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by: