WEST COUNTRY: Karting 4/2/12 @ Avonmouth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WEST COUNTRY: Karting 4/2/12 @ Avonmouth
Will they add balast to the karts of lighter people so that everyone is at the same weight and we dont end up with the usual skinny little runts winning.
Thanks given by:
Karts are fairly even tbh, driver skill will make the biggest difference
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They don't do that, but they should you don't notice the difference on the straights, but you notice the difference coming out the corners
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:Karts are fairly even tbh, driver skill will make the biggest difference
Theyer not.

Say your talking about twin engined pro karts, they are 2x 5.5bhp engines (so 11bhp) and weigh about 50kgs. If you put one of the skinny little 60kg people in there its a total of 110kg and 100bhp/tonne whereas with me in its approaching 160kg and just 69bhp/tonne, Thats a 30% disadvantage!

Connor Wrote:They don't do that, but they should you don't notice the difference on the straights, but you notice the difference coming out the corners

You do notice the difference on the straights, Last time i went karting with the missus she was pulling away on the straights.

They should definitely add ballast to the lighter cars as its not just the acceleration that it affects, its also the braking and cornering it affects and on a slightly rough track makes you more likely to ground out on any rough bits of floor further affecting your times.
Thanks given by:
No honestly, at avonmouth them main difference was cornering, noone really pulled away from me on the straights, it was the corners
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
Yeah theres probably a fair difference in weight between me and connor but down the straights we were pretty much neck and neck
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:Actually, if Matt's coming from down south, I'm sure we could persuade Fooby, and Curt, and possibly Jimmy and Ed (I'm sure those two would love a rematch). Maybe Ginge too?

Fooby will depend where in the country lol
Curt I'll pursuade Wink
Jimmy and ed will have to have a rematch haha
And ginge should definatley come! Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Sweeet! If we get about 10 people that should hopefully get us some discount! Connor, do you wanna ring up and ask?
Thanks given by:
I rang up about a week ago and they said you can book that far ahead lol so was gonna wait until January to phone again
Thanks given by:
That's cool, let us know if you can get cheaper prices Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Ill push for as good a deal i can get mate
Thanks given by:
Im in ladies, work depending
Thanks given by:
Woooo! If you get stuck watching x-factor again i will personally drag you to the karting centre lol
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:Woooo! If you get stuck watching x-factor again i will personally drag you to the karting centre lol

This. I know where you live ninja
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:Actually, if Matt's coming from down south, I'm sure we could persuade Fooby, and Curt, and possibly Jimmy and Ed (I'm sure those two would love a rematch). Maybe Ginge too?
I like the way i get remembered in all this Undecided :cry:
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
We looking to this from 6pm onwards?
Thanks given by:
6pm onwards??? I wont be home till midnight!!!!
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah.. Earlier will be a bit better then
Thanks given by:
Yeah was gonna try and get a 3pm slot, that way it gives everyone a chance to be late and for people who are coming from a distance, they wouldnt be getting home at stupid oclock
Thanks given by:
Good plan
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a plan to me
Thanks given by:
Right then ladies, this 30mins for £20 offer ends january, so we either go the weekend before, or we pay normal prices. Thoughts?
Thanks given by:
Ring them and ask for group discount for feb?
Thanks given by:
Actually went in a spoke to someone, not alot they can do discount wise...
Thanks given by:
Wut... really annoying, they said they could last time! Full price doesn't bother me
Thanks given by:
Ill try phoning and see if the operator can do any discount
Thanks given by:
Yeah good plan mate, i've got a feeling they told us to do that anyways
Thanks given by:
Thats pretty much a no as well, so looks like its just £32.95 for 2 15min sessions
Thanks given by:
Unless.. we go on a wednesday? It's half price still AFAIK
Thanks given by:
Well its down to the people who are traveling really
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  West Country Meet Connor 21 2,966 22-04-2014, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Hajman
  Go karting meet, Sunday 6th October, Somerset MrsMidnight 125 43,586 07-10-2013, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Connor
Wink Show: south west rr meet at ray west! 2nd feb sam 567 240,159 13-02-2013, 12:12 AM
Last Post: Pipps