ARP XU M11 head studs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARP XU M11 head studs
Just checking that the above head studs will fit an XUD?
Am I right in thinking I will need a sort of spacer like Darren and Ruan have used in theirs due to them being longer?

Thanks.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Also a mate has a spare HDi block lying around so I might take the rods out of it.
Does this combo sound like a strong boost proof XUD?
Just need to find another XUD9 or try it on the XUD7 TE :think:
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Hdi rods are a winner. I don't really know much about diesels but I hear goo things. Also I ruan and Darren both used spacers there's a good chance you will have to aswell
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Nah, I've not used ARP studs, I've not got any yet...

Also I'm 99% sure that our studs are M12x1.50...

Darren has used a set, but yes, required spacers to be machined up, as the stock spacers are too long and no spacers, there's not enough thread to touch the head...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
As Ruan said for head stud threads, and yeh they will fit find, just theres not enough threads on the top end of the studs so you need to make a small spacer, could maybe get away with ordering like 4 sets of ARP washers and stacking them, but bit of a bodge...I just got someone to turn up some spacers on the lathe...had no issues at all at 60psi
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:As Ruan said for head stud threads, and yeh they will fit find, just theres not enough threads on the top end of the studs so you need to make a small spacer, could maybe get away with ordering like 4 sets of ARP washers and stacking them, but bit of a bodge...I just got someone to turn up some spacers on the lathe...had no issues at all at 60psi

If they were cut they must have been soft material? Normally studs are hardened/have to be ground.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
There just a really high grade of stainless, so not that hard, but there so thick its never gunna compress them, not without some serious issues anyway...like I said, never had any issues @ 60psi
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys. The bloke said they where torqued up once at 94NM once and come with studs, nuts and washers. Lowest he'll take is £60 posted from The Netherlands. Sound a fair price?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Yeah, bargain, but remember you'll have to pay import prices...

But check the thread size/pitch, I'm almost 100% ours are M12x1.50...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
"Clean the tapped holes in the cylinder block (12 x 150
thread)."

Just found that on the XUD info Mark put up Sad
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Read only???? Also head studs question ekjdm14 1 730 28-12-2021, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Head head head studs ??? Yungpug 1 1,417 11-09-2017, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
  ARP Head Studs WITHOUT CUSTOM SPACERS!!!! SonnyRoby 36 14,326 31-01-2016, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Piggy