So I heard you like your Head Gaskets well done?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I heard you like your Head Gaskets well done?
Mk3 was the downturn of everything VAG - everything since is shite.

In fairness - I've been in my housemates Mk2 GTi ABF conversion - in fairness, it's a right good laugh, I actually didn't expect a Mk2 to handle that well, they are actually quite french-esque... I suppose I've only had experience of Mk3s and 4s and they really are just horrible!

And as a rule I hate VAG...

[Image: 292683_10150913640609693_512684692_96759...7174_n.jpg]

But I like it a worrying amount.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Mk3s are pretty decent cars, still nice and simple, after that they just became stupidly complex. I'm sick of it, I hate this skoda, can't drive it without worrying about expensive noises, just gonna cut my losses and find a nice XUD, had like 5 cars since my last 306 and haven't been as happy with any of them Sad
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Mk3s are just SO bland - it's mediocre at everything it does... Yes it's mediocrely reliable, it's mediocrely quick, it's mediocrely nice inside... It has no flair... Kinda the same as the Mk4, but that is expensive when it goes wrong!

It commits the worst crime of being bland - that's the only reason I like the Mk2, it has character...

At least with a 306, it's relatively unreliable, the interior is a bit shit, but at least it's a really good laugh to drive and you can extract decent power with such ease...

Get another 306, get the handling sorted - they are such a good laugh!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
I was pretty pleased with my Golf, especially for £250. Nice torquey engine, sweet gearchange, smooth ride, quiet, well built, decent on juice and completely reliable. Wasn't exactly exciting but it was a good, solid runaround, I'd recommend one. They go like hell and sound amazing with a VR as well Wink

Definitely going for another 306 though, probably in September when I've got some free cash Wink

Might even try a HDI...
Thanks given by:
You know an XUD is better though.

DT with slight mods, VE pump, sort the suspension out, essentially just nick everything off a GTi6, biggest laugh you can have without a lot of money and still get 50mpg.
Thanks given by:
That's the key really mate, money. I can afford to run the Skoda but I don't have loads of money left over, and because it's been going wrong and costing me a fortune at the same time as I have to pay for a holiday and do stuff to the house, I've just got no money and it's pissing me off...

Costs need to be cut, an what better idea than a little diesel, especially if I can run veg Big Grin

Gonna lose about a grand when I sell tr Skoda though Sad
Thanks given by:
But if you run it on old engine oil, veg oil, brake cleaner, fermented horse piss, you can make that grand back!

Do it on the cheap...

You can build a proper awesome car that handles well, but IMO the key to these cars is the suspension, having recently been in a few well sorted french hatches... Kinda changed my perception of power vs handling...
Thanks given by:
You don't need to convince me mate, I'm decided lol

It's just a case of when, not if. If I do it now, I've no money to buy another car so I have to cancel my insurance and lose 9 months NCB, if I do it in September when my insurance expires it'll be far easier as well, my parents are going away for 3 weeks so I can have my dads Discovery while their gone...

People of the world. Don't buy post -'93 vag.
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:But if you run it on old engine oil,

This... ninja works well.. ninja said a lil' birdy..
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
Said this birdy:

[Image: 545930_3686062025711_1099967688_33483511...5702_n.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: 522f2d71-27db-26ab.jpg]

Mine earlier :p
[Image: Signature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:Said this birdy:

[Image: 545930_3686062025711_1099967688_33483511...5702_n.jpg]

lmao

Whos that?

Thanks given by:
Friend of mine, lol.
Thanks given by:
Ffs some people on here are living in fairy land!!!! A VAG vehicle be it a skoda seat or volkswagen or even audi all make the pug look like complete piss!!! Any of you who think different are the ones who wish they had one. You buy a 306 but secretly want something else, i had my 306 for about 6 months and i must say what a pile of shite. Wake up and sort yourselves out. To the one who posted about his golf on here, remember u got rid of of the french shitbox for a reason!!!.
Rant over
Goodbye
Thanks given by:
Pug306Eater Wrote:Ffs some people on here are living in fairy land!!!! A VAGaygay vehicle be it a skoda seat or volkswagen or even audi all make the pug look like complete piss!!! Any of you who think different are the ones who wish they had one. You buy a 306 but secretly want something else, i had my 306 for about 6 months and i must say what a pile of shite. Wake up and sort yourselves out. To the one who posted about his golf on here, remember u got rid of of the french shitbox for a reason!!!.
Rant over
Goodbye
so you had a standard 306 for 6 months? what was it a 1.4? lol
the guy who posted about the golf "ruan" has 2 306's?
you come here,say that yet you supposedly have a "306 v6 turbo??"
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well you're entitled to your own wonderful (if deluded) opinion, but that post really does beg the question; why are you on this forum?
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
:clap:

v6 turb0 tho iniit. RESPEKKKT.

Erm, go away?

Popcorn

Thanks given by:
Pug306Eater Wrote:Ffs some people on here are living in fairy land!!!! A VAGaygay vehicle be it a skoda seat or volkswagen or even audi all make the pug look like complete piss!!! Any of you who think different are the ones who wish they had one. You buy a 306 but secretly want something else, i had my 306 for about 6 months and i must say what a pile of shite. Wake up and sort yourselves out. To the one who posted about his golf on here, remember u got rid of of the french shitbox for a reason!!!.
Rant over
Goodbye

f*ck off Flynn, no one likes you.

And speaking as a Skoda owner, vag is shite, end of.
Thanks given by:
He's out from under the bridge again!

Popcorn
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
For the record, it's not Flynn. IP records don't match at all (different ranges/ISPs), not to mention I have a recent email (today) from Flynn with his IP address in it which also doesn't match. Looks like he's still not disabled remote access from his router either whistle
Thanks given by:
i am not trolling am pointing out my valid opinion on an open discussion forum!
I would also like to point out the peugeot had a 3.0 v6 conversion albeit poorly done which eventually was the demise of the car i was interested inturbo charging it. I also had 1.9 dt but a piston decided it wanted to throw itself out of the block!
It just amuses me that to alot of you on here the 306 is the best car in the world and everything else sucks, which is definately not true and the main reason vags keep their price is because of how good they are.
Thanks given by:
Nah, I think we're all pretty set on the fact that the 306 is not the best car in the world. We're all painfully aware of its problems, they just have a number of extremely redeeming features which make it an above average car, especially in a market saturated by bimmers and vags which don't have much more in terms of reliability, not to mention costing a LOT more when things inevitably go wrong.
Thanks given by:
Of course there will be people on here who want better cars. I don't think we'd get very far if all we aspired and dreamed of was owning a 306!

There are two types of owner... the ones who buy just because 306s are cheap and the ones who buy because they have developed an unexplainable affinity towards them, the amount of disposable monies they have doesn't really come into it.

Imo.. Regardless, No other cheap car can comes close to being quite so good in as many different areas as, say, a tinkered xud. I've come from much higher 'performance' cars from the likes of Audi/BMW and i've never had as much fun in them as i have done in my 306.

I could go on defending the 306, but i won't bother. Point is, i've developed a strong affection towards this shitty french tin and all of it's flaws are part of it's character for me. If you don't like them, so what. Unless you're looking to cause arguments/troll, it's kind of pointless telling everyone on here... We've all got our rose tinted glasses on lol

Thanks given by:
Pug306Eater Wrote:i am not trolling am pointing out my valid opinion on an open discussion forum!
I would also like to point out the peugeot had a 3.0 v6 conversion albeit poorly done which eventually was the demise of the car i was interested inturbo charging it. I also had 1.9 dt but a piston decided it wanted to throw itself out of the block!
It just amuses me that to alot of you on here the 306 is the best car in the world and everything else sucks, which is definately not true and the main reason vags keep their price is because of how good they are.

Your not trolling? Why are you even on here then? If you hate the 306, and have a name like "pug306eater", and are just posting how much you hate the 306 in a thread on a 306 forum, you've clearly just signed up to be a cock.

I speak from experience on vag cars. I've had a Golf, an Audi 80 and now an Octavia. The old Golf and Audi were good, solid, reliable cars if it a bit dull, but the Skoda is a big step down in build quality, and like most vag cars these days have had nothing but niggly faults. The 2 306s I had were far more satisfying to own, much cheaper for parts and insurance, far easier to work on, more fun, better looking and didn't have the "bell end" image that vag cars have. How about you sign up to Edition 38 and read some threads about wikid stretch and the same Audi A8 rims that EVERY f*cking mk4 Golf has.

/troll
Thanks given by:
Pug306Eater Wrote:i am not trolling am pointing out my valid opinion on an open discussion forum!

But if you had bothered to read the thread, you would notice we aren't talking about the percieved value of the vehicle itself, we are talking about the relative performance and handling characteristics against contemporary vehicles including, as it happens Vags & bimmers.

The mk4 golf is a very comfortable vehicle. This, and the fact that every surrey yummy mummy bought a v5 to take the kids to school before the range rover took off are responsible for the comparative lack of depreciation. In reality, they are soggy to drive, understeery to the point of tedium, came with luke warm engines, the tdi's shit gearboxes, the v5s should never have been invented, the aesthetics are bland, the electrical gremlins are rife, and they cost a comparative fortune to fix/service.

The reason why a lot of us like the 306 is ultimately for the feeling they imbue when driving them. No, they aren't the best cars in the world, no they aren't the quickest, or the most reliable, or the most beautiful, or the best handling. They are a hoot to drive, have a variety of characterful engines and they don't cost a huge amount to run. Contrary to almost any car you care to mention from BMW or VAG...

I could go on, but I'll spare you the tedium of reading anything further contradictory to your clearly blinkered opinion on cars.....
Thanks given by:
/EdDoe-noids
Thanks given by:

So youve had 2 306's one modified badly and one that threw a rod, of the first why did you buy/build/use it if it was a bodge? As for the dt, a rod through the block is not unheard of by any means although it is uncommon. Maybe try buying a good one next time?

As for us thinking it is the best car in the world, get over yourself man! Jesus. As said already there are very few cars in the age and price bracket of a 306 that is nice/worth having. Yes they have their problems but what car doesnt, at least they are generally cheap and easy to repair unlike a vag of the same age. They are also very simple to tune, the dt can have a stage one completed in sub 60 mins and will give you around 120bhp, the hdi can have a stage 1 map for around 60 quid and mapped yourself at home in 10 mins. The petrol XU engines are all strong reliable engines with the top of the range GTi 6 being one of the most powerful 2.0 NA cars of its era.

Dont come on a 306 forum and start slating 306's, it just makes you look like a pathetic little boy who cant get any. Oh and after we are board of playing with you you will be banned.

So again: Popcorn
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:/EdDoe-noids

lmao I can't even succinctly argue a point without abuse?!?! This forum is shit, i'm outta here! :roll:
Thanks given by:
lol

Daaaas right
Thanks given by:
Im a vauxhall man i kive then on one can say anything bad to me about them but I got give a 306 Dtutbo 2 weeks a go didn't have any high hopes for it but after reading guides and tips in how to tune it and how cheap it is to do I'm very pleased with the car does more mpg and tuned and handles great I still love my vauxhalls but it has grown on me and vags are gay there a shit mummy and daddy bought car scene for fags.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help sourcing gaskets... doogle-d turbo 6 2,364 17-08-2017, 08:30 AM
Last Post: doogle-d turbo
  where the best place to buy head gaskets daniel909 20 3,124 12-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Last Post: londondan86
  Head gaskets David 5 1,731 18-05-2013, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Dave