Top doesnt unfold

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top doesnt unfold
Just got my first 306cc (2.0-1995) and allthough the top i new it doesnt fold itself properky and gets stuck halfway down. I tried to cliose it manually but it will not go down. Cabmotor is working but it stops when it gets stuck ofcourse. As a newbie on this, where do I start looking?
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club. Unsueprisinglg, issues with the roof on the cabriolet seem to be a common problem. I don't have any experience with them but I'll have a look on Servicebox & see if I can find anything that'll help. Failing that someone else  will hopefully come up with some suggestions.
Thanks given by:
If the motor stops part way through opening/closing then it's probably one of the microswitches either stuck or faulty. As a newbie to the cabriolets myself though, I'm afraid I don't know where the various switches/sensors are located but I'd certainly look to these first.
Thanks given by:
I don't know if these will be of any help in working out what's going on but I'm posting them anyway. For starters I guess the hydraulics need to be properly charged & bled for the roof to work properly. I wonder whether the pump or rams also has sensors/switches built in to sense when they're fully extended or retracted?

Thanks given by: