Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project dirty deezel 206 1.1 to XUD9TE :D
Just a little bit yeah, we actually went back to where it blew last night and found more chunks on the ground. Seems it actually saved the engine though as from where the bits were, the turbine exploded just before I would've let off & found the throttle stuck. So, the turbo being dead actually prevented the engine from buzzing up to 7k+ and doing the bottom end in!

Every cloud & all that, much rather be replacing the turbo than finding another XUD lump so soon after the conversion! Will obviously be going on a hunt for boost leaks and getting an EGT that actually works before making any more powahz having seen this, the only reasons I can think for an exploded turbine is over-speeding the turbo so probably either boost leak or it just didn't like making 27psi at 5k+ rpm.

Would appreciate input from anyone else pushing a K14 hard, what sort of boost would they normally hold up to (talking in terms of a healthy used one lasting 6-months to a year, not super long term) and anyone else experienced this? Just wondering if it was a boost leak or if I've just asked too much of it!

Cheers
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Project dirty deezel 206 1.1 to XUD9TE :D - by ekjdm14 - 01-08-2020, 10:51 AM