Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
K-light code 52, exhaust values ok
Finally had the time and tools to change first the fuel filter (and all fuel hoses in the engine compartment, I understand that they should be ID 8mm but must have been replaced with 6mm hoses, causing the new original fuel filter to not fit the hoses). The new fuel filter did not fix the issue however, unsurprisingly. 

I then changed the lambda, and wow! Instantly, just driving out from the DIY shop, felt that the car was more eager to respond to the throttle, and the engine light has stayed off now for a few test rounds which would have triggered the light before. 

I have no idea how the car could have passed the emissions test, but goes to show that you shouldn’t really rule out the most obvious conclusion. According to the previous owner, the k-light had been on for 10 years, so perhaps the lambda had been replaced with a budget one somewhere along the line, I read somewhere that the car could be sensitive to non-original lambda sensors. I fitted a Bosch, which might not be original but working so far non the less.
Thanks given by: Martin306 , ekjdm14

Messages In This Thread
RE: K-light code 52, exhaust values ok - by Charlskalas - 29-07-2020, 07:16 AM