Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 XSi Crankshaft pulley/balancer
Sounds like the end has possibly broken off the key. Anyway, you're going to have to pull the timing belt off and the crank sprocket in order to put a new key in. I can give you some info on the cam belt replacement procedure if you need it.

If you look closely at the previous diagrams you'll see the dimensions for the key (item no 72) are given as 13x6-7. I'm assuming that's 13mm long, 6mm wide & 7mm deep, but you can correlate that against any remains of the key you are able to recover.

After you lock the cams & before you remove the belt & crank sprocket you can check the crank is in the correct (safe) position by following the info in this post. Scroll down to DeeTurbo's contribution. The part of the crank that holds the key should face towards the back of the engine (bearing in mind the engine is canted backwards quite a bit). https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=35807

Btw, have just checked and the following models use the same size key as the XU10J4R:

1.8i XU7 Petrol
1.9 DW8 Diesel
1.9 XUD9 Diesel
1.9 TD
2.0 HDi
2.0 16v GTi-6

It may be worth you registering on Aussie Frogs & asking if anyone can help. They put the above engines (and the XU10J4R) in a whole raft of different Peugeot & Citroen vehicles. Alternatively, someone on here may be able to put their hands on one in time.

Feel free to ask if/when you need any more info!

My apologies as the diagrams I previously posted were for the manual not the auto. Only a few differences between them (e.g. no spacer behind the crank sprocket on the auto). The keys & harmonic balancer are the same though. Here are the ones for the auto.

Thanks given by: Premier 350

Messages In This Thread
RE: 306 XSi Crankshaft pulley/balancer - by Mighty306 - 01-04-2020, 02:33 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Undoing crankshaft pulley heyitsroth 3 2,020 21-05-2017, 04:50 PM
Last Post: welshpug