Wanted Engine ECU GTI6 R Reg unlocked

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted Engine ECU GTI6 R Reg unlocked
Has anybody got one? I have changed every sensor and although the car starts and runs fine the emissions are awful and 16mpg.
Thanks given by:
Have you had the car on Peugeot Planet to have a look at some live data? Could point to the problem. Does it misfire at all? What sensors have you changed?

Am asking because you don't want to keep firing parts at it and not find the issue. E.g. it could be wiring to one of the senors that's the problem, pulling the signal to the ECU down.

If you do want to get an unlocked ECU I think you'd be better off posting on 306gti6.com. Or you could get your ECU checked here www.cartechelectronics.com
Thanks given by: KevinTW
(14-01-2020, 02:02 PM)KevinTW Wrote: Has anybody got one? I have changed every sensor and although the car starts and runs fine the emissions are awful and 16mpg.
I changed the MAP,the green temp sender and the lambda. The CO is still way high and 16mpg. Cheers for the advice.
Thanks given by:
Those are 3 of the main sensors involved in mixture regulation. Are you not getting an engine check light btw? If you're anywhere near me I can try to help out.  I have Lexia / PP2000 & like I said before it would be preferable to get it plugged in to see what the ECU is seeing.

An easy initial check of the wiring would be to see that you're getting close to 5V power supply with key on & engine off. I'll PM you some info. Even if you get the correct voltage though, it doesn't tell you whether the wire to the sensor can carry the appropriate load.

The other thing it could be is a leaking fuel pressure regulator. Failed Diaphragm will lead to fuel being sucked in to the manifold via the vacuum hose. Do you know if the fuel rail holds pressure after the fuel pump has run but the engine is off?  (You said it runs fine so have discounted a leaking fuel injector which would likely lead to a single cylinder misfire). 

The engine tuner might well be right but without seeing the car he could just be guessing.  From what I understand it's easy to blame the ECU before testing a lot of other more likely culprits.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gti6 vts engine Lee306 0 1,172 18-04-2019, 06:13 PM
Last Post: Lee306
  Wanted GTI6 standard airbox. KevinTW 12 3,713 21-04-2017, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Midnightclub
  Wanted: S16 / Rallye / GTI6 - WANTED Silky 1 1,135 05-02-2017, 10:34 PM
Last Post: 1616six