Sean's (& Ed's & Scott's) Astor GTi6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sean's (& Ed's & Scott's) Astor GTi6
Ph4?!

Also i did not know that you were going some where to see a car this weekend ninja This is a compelte suprise to me!

Also it looks bloody epic! Cant wait to see it in the metal!
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
Someone get a pic of these headrests lol.....

Tbh though , the leather fat ph3 headrests are the most comfortable ones I've ever had so can the other ones be even better? :o. The golf ones aren't comfortable....and the NAD ones are just a lump of metal with a peices of cloth over them from the seems of it.....nice and safe. lol
Thanks given by:
They're just the eggy shaped ones. Ed likes to reminder Fooby, actually any phase 2 owner that phase 3 > phase 2, so I was winding him up my headrests were phase 4 therefore my car is better lol
Thanks given by:
They did indeed revise the headrests, some were sort of 'fat' or egg shaped like Scott says, if you look at them side-on.

Late Phase 3 model-

[Image: SAM_0466.jpg]

Of course for real 'Winning' you want to source some 307 rear headrests...

[Image: IMGP0567.jpg]

[Image: IMGP0568.jpg]
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Surprised they fit in a focus to be fair.

Wink
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Lul.

I miss my 306 days so much and that's why I'm here! Probably the whole 'grass is greener' thing but I couldn't find a decent 306 when looking earlier in the year, even with £3.5k at my disposal Sad
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
They just look the same as the ones in all my meridians lol......X and Y reg..... :?
Thanks given by:
c.a.r. Wrote:Lul.

I miss my 306 days so much and that's why I'm here! Probably the whole 'grass is greener' thing but I couldn't find a decent 306 when looking earlier in the year, even with £3.5k at my disposal Sad

CAR; I had the luxury of not needing to buy one immediately as I had the nad to get to work. Still not driven it since Saturday afternoon except to re-park it at Curt's. But in fairness, I've been horribly disappointed about 3times making long trips to go see cars that were advertised as 'completely mint'. I just kept on, and would've continued to keep going to see cars until I found the right one! Tbh I was so nervous all of last week thinking about it; it looked and sounded so mint, but I'd been so disappointed by the previous ones I was half-preparing myselfmentally for further disappointment! It's still not totally sunk in how mint it is tbh!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Looks perfect! Lovely find!

And the 205 sounds epic too!
Thanks given by:
Jealous mate. Think I need a 6 as a second car but I cant afford it.
Thanks given by:
That did not take long. But glad you got a nice one. Much better than Diablo.
Thanks given by:
I have those headrests in the HDi but all 4 are those 'egg' shaped ones
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My x reg meridian had them haha they're just normal bloody headrests haha but looking at a pic of nialls they do look different
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ed Doe Wrote:Tom - good to meet you too buddy Smile Cheers for coming over!

Puglove - yeah fingers crossed. I'll know next weekend basically; need to do a whole list of things, but either way it'll be at FCS. Just might not be in 'full-on epic' trim by then lol

Dan yeah it was Harry Storey's. Have you been in that 205? Honestly it's MAD!

Ash - God yeah! It's awesomes!! Big Grin

i feel your pain dude i done the big swap over on mine couple months ago,

only thing is i had to put the old one back together again aswell Sad

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Oh no now theres going to be a astor group with both you and scott with astors, just fooby needs to follow suit oh wait they didn't make a ph2 astor....

Really like the car though, you about saturday? im traveling home.
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lmao

Pretty clear Ed just wants my car whistle
Thanks given by:
Awwwww, Astor 6... *sniffle*

Looks mint that, will defo be havin a butchers at this mate... WIN WIN :clap:
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:lmao

Pretty clear Ed just wants my car whistle

best watch out for your numberplate ninja

Alee83 Wrote:Awwwww, Astor 6... *sniffle*

Looks mint that, will defo be havin a butchers at this mate... WIN WIN :clap:

You're more n welcome to buddy Smile I want a nosey round the wallye too Tongue
Thanks given by:
That is epically awesome! Couldn't see a dent at all!

Lucky man Big Grin
Thanks given by:
He is lucky... Awsome colour for a 6 ;-)
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Small update;

My GAZ coilies, compbrake eccentric topmounts, lower strut brace, meyle hd wishbones, mintex1144 pads and brembo discs, phat cone, ptfe inlet manifold gasket, resonator bung swapped on from the old '6.

Then I put my new deep-dish wheel on. I'm in love! It improves the driving position endlessly Big Grin

I've decided I'm not going to get my vts rear beam swapped on before FCS now; it's really annoying as it feels really wallowy with the stock '6 beam on currently, and understeery on the limit due to the springrates of the coilovers at the front. But it can be dealt with after FCS, and tbh it'll probably discourage me from hooning too much, which is only a bonus for my battered bank balance at the mo!!!

I'll post some pics up when I can tomorrow; not taken many today tbh; the car needs a bloody good clean apart from anything else! Sad
Thanks given by:
And why can't you swap the beam? It will be a day at most....
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Ed you mangina I said I would come and help you on Saturday!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I'm a bit sceptical of undertaking it so close to FCS. It'd be tragic if anything went wrong & I couldn't get to FCS...
Thanks given by:
What could possibly go wrong? You will have to sets of everything just incase, you will have all the mounts from the Diablo, brakes etc should be good from the Diablo, it will be a straight swap. Beam is 4 bolts? Then just swap brakes over, and bleed of. Won't be too hard. If I was off this week and not needing to do a cambelt and lower engine mount on my own before FCS then I would come help
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Right guys, small update.

Niall, Fooby, Scott & Kim came over Saturday morning to help me swap the beam off the new 6 with the VTS beam which came off my old 6.

What a complete twat of a job.

We'd accidentally clipped one of the brake lines on the vts beam when removing it from my diablo, so that needed to be swapped off the astor beam, then the union on the car wouldn't come off so had to be removed with molegrips, then one of the bleed nipples snapped so we had to swap a caliper off the 6 beam onto the vts beam.

Then it was a pita getting the exhaust back on and the clamp bolted up as the threads had been cut so short.

Honestly I got a quote from Lynx for 150 to do it, and f*ck I wish I'd just taken it to them; it wouldve been worth every bloody penny!!

Anyways, all done now, and *touches wood* all working brilliantly. The gaz dampers on the back make a noticable differerence, and the vts beam is just epic, soooo much better than the 6 one!

Massive thanks to Niall & Scott particularly for helping me out when I got menstrual! It was such a stressful afternoon in the end; I hate resorting to mole grips etc, and after removing the wrong rear caliper from the 6 beam I was justabout ready to set the damn car alight!

Anyways; I'm gonna run it gently for the next few days and monitor it all closely.

I have however noticed a couple of problems with the car generally.

I think the icv is dicky; the revs fall quite slowly occasionally, and sometimes it stalls after revving it just after starting it.

Also I think I've got a problem with one or more coilpacks; its shaky at low rpms when accelerating.

One symptom I'm not sure about though is a slight hesitancy to rev after blipping the throttle: and a slight hesitancy on light throttle when manouevring; it seems to hesitate then jerk forwards...

Any thoughts anyone? Its not a major thing but its peeing me off; is it a potential tps issue? Or just a combo of the dicky icv and coilpacks?

Any ideas would be massively appreciated!!
Thanks given by:
Try cleaning the icv and give the car a good service. Could be a faulty/dirty plug. You'd be surprised how much of a difference having some decent oil and a clean filter has made a difference to mine!

Oh and menstrual? I bought you was going to run off crying like a 4 year old haha
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I already bunged a whole load of wd40 in the icv the other day remember?

It does need a bloody good service I think; I wanna put my plugs & coils off the old car, and need to get some bitchin gulf competition fully synth for it, but it's all money I don't have right now. Soon as I've sold more of my old car I'll be able to sort it out.

I'm really hoping it's not a gammy sensor, I cba sorting that out on top of all the other shit we've had to sort over the last couple of weeks!

Anyone got any alternative theories on it??
Thanks given by:
I can plug the pug planet into it at fcs. Luckily the ph3 ECU gives out literally every sensor reading. Should be able to see if something is wrong.
It could also be a map sensor on its way out but I think starting with a good service is a good thing to do. Something that I try and do when ever I but a new car!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Righ, I'll suck it up and get some more Gulf fullysynth tomorrow from Opie. Then I'll get the coilpacks and plugs off my old engine at some point this week.

The map sensor, which one is that on the manifold? do you think it's worth me thieving the one of my old fannymould to use, just to rule it out. i had no issues whatsoever with the old car, might be worth it..?
Are there any other sensors worth swapping while I'm sorting it?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frosty's astor GTi6 Frosty 20 7,572 26-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Sean's Diablo HDi Stage 2 168bhp & 290lbsft Just Sean 383 132,976 08-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Poodle