Rallye virgin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rallye virgin
Afternoon all,
Just purchased a 99 red 306 rallye with 54k to add to my collection. Based in Newcastle so if anyone has a gti6 or rallye front bumper for sale would be much appreciated! will need other parts along the way....
Thanks given by:
Excellent purchase! Where did you find it? I’m from Newcastle too funnily enough! Had a Rallye in red previously, and had a daily HDI for over 5 years now. Get some pics up!
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2019, 01:40 PM)MY95 Wrote: Excellent purchase! Where did you find it? I’m from Newcastle too funnily enough! Had a Rallye in red previously, and had a daily HDI for over 5 years now. Get some pics up!

Local lad mate! Needs bodywork sorting ie bumper and bonnet, few other bits and pieces aswell

hopefully be done in few months

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Interesting. It is indeed a rallye but it has silver 3d badges which it shouldnt have. Its missing all the rallye decals. Its got a phase 3 boot lid and spoiler which is fine because they mixed them up anyway. The front bumper is obviously phase 1 but im sure youll have that fixed in no time at all! Good buy! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the info! What colour badges should it have ? It was registered in June 99 so is that still a mix between 2 and 3 ?
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2019, 03:25 PM)reg88 Wrote: Thanks for the info! What colour badges should it have ? It was registered in June 99 so is that still a mix between 2 and 3 ?

Grey stickers on white and red rallyes
Red stickers on the black ones
..I think

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-13442...CoQAvD_BwE

Pretty sure those are the right ones someone will tell you otherwise if i'm wrong!

Seems a weird mix of parts for a rallye but a rallye none the less!

Also weird seems to only have one valid MOT from 24th June 2016 wonder how it got 54K miles on it without ever being MOT'd?
1999 - Black Rallye A/C
2002 - Silver 206 1.4 HDi LX
Thanks given by:
I'm sure I saw this one on eBay and I'm certain I commented.....

It's got an odd history to say the least. With only one MOT on the DVLA website and that mileage and front bumper and current owner suggesting the bonnet isn't great, I've my suspicions it may have had a front end and then been parked up for a long time and then came out of hiding in 2016.

Either way, it's deffo a Rallye! A proper parts bin special, pink side skirts, a ph3 tailgate and I'm wondering if the lack of any graphics point to it having been painted at some point.

However, a Rally with a genuine 54k is a rare car indeed, even less than my Xsara. I'd loose the rear window tints and (not sure if it's the lighting but doesn't seem it) and get some std rear lights on the rear and get a set of Rallye graphics back on it
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
What's the difference in tailgates? Yeh car will be getting a proper restoration with new lick of paint
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2019, 10:39 AM)reg88 Wrote: What's the difference in tailgates?  Yeh car will be getting a proper restoration with new lick of paint

phase 2 has a rubber seal around the window, black strip along the bottom and the spoiler is shorter and bolts through the glass.
phase 3 has no rubber seal, no lower strip and the spoiler is larger and screws through the metal of the boot lid.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I feel like a virgin! taylonm 22 3,692 12-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum