Ph2 Xsara VTS Radiator

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ph2 Xsara VTS Radiator
Desperately need a rad for the Xsara 

Has to be from a Ph2 VTS (Although I'm told a VTR one might fit....). Pattern parts not available (I've been through 3 already, any pattern rad must relate directly to the OEM part number of 1330 94)

So on the off chance anyone has one sat about, or knows anyone breaking a Ph2 VTS, I'm your man
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
Have had a look and, as you suggested, anything matching 1330.94 seems non-existent.

The Nissens catalogue brings up 61252A as the radiator matching your vehicle but it doesn't cross-reference to 1330.94.  I assume you've tried one of those Nissens rads?

Of the pattern parts you've tried, has the issue been the size of the radiator or the wrong type of bottom hose connection?
Thanks given by:
Yes, I tried a Nissens rad......the issue is the mounting points for the radiator fans shroud.

This pic shows the difference. It's the OEM rad and the Nissens one. OEM is the top one.

[Image: 2018-12-08-14-31-56.jpg]

I've tried three aftermarket ones. None have been right. Only one I can find I that relates directly to the OEM number is a Quinton Hazel item.

https://www.oscaro.com/radiateur-du-mote...r2101-1269

Out of stock everywhere ...

That link doesn't seem to want to work......

It should go to this page

[Image: Screenshot-20190120-225600-Chrome.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hi Ben,

It's certainly not an easy task.  I know you're a bit of a perfectionist too.  I'd most likely be hacking at things to make the Nissens fit! Rofl

Partinfo.org lists these analogues for Citroen 1330.94.

Oscaro (whoever the hell they are) also seem to supply the AVA CN2200 radiator, and I found a Van Wezel radiator through Autodoc.co.uk, but it's not cheap.  (Another reason I'd be bodging the Nissens to fit!!).  At least we know Autodoc ship to the UK relatively cheaply.

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/van-wezel/1279008

I didn't look particularly hard for anything else so some of the other brands might be available elsewhere.  Problem with ordering from overseas is that the rad might still not be right and returns aren't so straightforward!

Good luck with the hunt!
Thanks given by:
Thanks for that. It's not about me being a perfectionist this time (if that were the case, I'd be hunting down one of the Ordonez ones as they were the OEM fit) and there is no easy way to make another rad fit.

Appreciate the link but like every other rad I've found that is right for the car, it's out of stock!!!!
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2019, 05:55 AM)Ben_w Wrote: Appreciate the link but like every other rad I've found that is right for the car, it's out of stock!!!!

Sorry Ben, hadn't spotted that.  Looking on How Many Left there were only ever 1000 Xsara VTS's registered on British roads and fewer than 100 now.  Seems it was always a bit of a rare car and that's reflected in your current search.  Best of luck with finding something mate.
Thanks given by:
There are multiple options in the Netherlands:

https://www.mijnautoonderdelen.nl/radiat...Code=12708

If one of these is of interest for you, please let me know. I do not mind ordering it and sending it to you.
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2019, 10:08 AM)Joep83 Wrote: There are multiple options in the Netherlands:

https://www.mijnautoonderdelen.nl/radiat...Code=12708

If one of these is of interest for you, please let me know. I do not mind ordering it and sending it to you.

Thanks mate but they are all for the Ph1 Xsara. The phase two was made something like May 01 - 2005 and the rad is different. It must reference the OEM part number of 1330 94 otherwise it won't fit.
Thanks given by:
I know it doesn't get you the correct radiator, but you could use the Nissens one and then wire aftermarket slimline fans eg. SPAL to your standard wiring and do away with the shroud.

Should be fine with no shroud on a road car. You could even have a second fan on a manual switch through a relay to turn on/off as you please. I run this and it's fine.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Problem is fella, there is no way of securing the radiator (well, I need to have a better look) because instead of the spring clip fixings at the top like the GTi6 etc, it's these bolts that secure it. They go through the slam, through the fan shroud and into the radiator and kind of hold it all together....
Thanks given by:
If it helps, I've been using cable ties through holes in the slam panel instead of buying those spring clips on a nissens radiator for about 5 years, set to just the right tightness to have a bit of spring. You can loop them around the neck of the filler cap etc.

If you're in less of a rush probably better to try to source the correct one but it does seem difficult!

ozonehostile on here makes some very nice custom alloy radiators...no idea how expensive they are though.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by: