XUD9TE with A/T ??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XUD9TE with A/T ??
hi everybody....i'm joseph from indonesia....i have 306 saloon with XUD engine...(basically XUD engine never sold officially in indonesia)

first project is convert the original engine XU7JP (which is the only type of engine for 306 here) to XUD9TE ....and so far its works great....

until few days ago....my wife ask me if i can convert M/T to A/T....because ussually traffic here are quite heavy except in night time....

so far...my only option are looking for 306 A/T (petrol)....but i'm not so sure if the stock A/T  can handle XUD smoothly

answers or suggestion anyone ?
Thanks given by:
in the uk there were automatic gearboxes available for the Xud11 found in citroen XM, peugeot 605 this would be a direct bolt on fit for the xud9 as they share the bolt pattern for the fly wheel/ flex plate and the gearbox bell housing.
but it wouldn't be impossible to source one in France for example where they were they sold them in much greater numbers than in the UK.

i broke a citroen xm for parts a couple of years back and in the end i struggled to sell the gearbox ended up letting it go for £30

i think the petrol automatic box will change gear at the wrong time. maybe its possible to find someone to reprogram the software?
Thanks given by: celesboy1
wow thanks alot jamie....then A/T from citroen XM and 605 should be 100% match (plug and play) in my 306 i assume ?

i'll hunt for it then....again , thanks alot mate....your info is very2 helping me now....

sorry for my bad english....

ohh , and one more thing jamie....do you know the type of transmission in XM or 605 that i should buy ? in 306 there are two types of AT (ZF 4HP14 and AL4)

and since u mention about reprogram automatic petrol box....its not impossible (even the big possibility is i need trial and error few times until it have good timing) because i know few guys who works as freelance ECU modder-software as they daily job...and 2 of them are peugeot enthusiast too...

he was helped me erased immobilizer feature in my 306 too several months ago....with labor fee about US$35
Thanks given by:
the gearbox that my citroen Xm had was a ZF 4hp-18
it will fit the engine, you may have to modify the gearbox to body mounting i cant remember if it looked the same or not.
the driveshafts might be different on the auto gearbox that may be something you have to consider.

i think the best option would be to reprogram your gearbox. the petrol gearbox should bolt onto the diesel engine without a problem. and all the wiring and driveshafts are available to you.
Thanks given by: