Water injection

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water injection
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has ever fitted water injection to the DW10 engine and do you have any pics? Smile
Thanks given by:
So I have purchased the de-coke kit. Second hand but it's a good start. It won't be fitted straight away due to other MOT jobs but fingers crossed it won't be long.

Main reason I'm fitting it is because I use a blended fuel mix of petrol/diesel and WVO. This can cause something called ring gumming which is bad for the engine as it eventually contaminates the engine oil with fuel (amongst other problems)

Anyway less of the negatives. I'm planning on buying an endoscope to have a mooch before and after also I'll be looking at what mapping options I have. It will be interesting to see how it compares to an intercooled engine.
Thanks given by:
Interesting stuff. How do you plan on getting it all timed in to run when required rather than all the time etc?

How come you run a mix of all those types of fuels? Must be a nightmare to fill up having to mess around with all that?
Thanks given by:
It works off a pressure switch so when you reach your desired boost it blasts a very fine mist into the inlet manifold.

My fuel mix is pre mixed and filtered before I stick it in the tank so it's easy enough.
Thanks given by:
Fair play! Decent sounding setup that Big Grin
Thanks given by:
The WI kit didn't come with a pressure switch in the end so I'm considering controlling it with the ECU. Needs to do some research first Smile
Thanks given by:
100% doable, there's actually a lovely switchable output which is essentially useless for any performance application and all the maps that control it are pretty well documented. You could then use it to be switched on based upon injected quantity.

Wink
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(23-12-2018, 11:03 PM)Ruan Wrote: 100% doable, there's actually a lovely switchable output which is essentially useless for any performance application and all the maps that control it are pretty well documented. You could then use it to be switched on based upon injected quantity.

Wink

Very interesting, tell me more Smile I took a break from messing round with mapping etc for a while due to the birth of my latest spawn but the voices in my head are getting louder ha ha.
Thanks given by:
Would this be similar to the aem and devilsown kits available off the shelf? Looked at them a few times because of the claims of reduced intake and exhaust temps but never made the leap or pushed looking into it

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2018, 06:21 AM)dr_jekyll Wrote: Would this be similar to the aem and devilsown kits available off the shelf? Looked at them a few times because of the claims of reduced intake and exhaust temps but never made the leap or pushed looking into it

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Yeah they call it the de coke kit. Its quite basic but has the main bits I need. Its a fair few dollar for a new kit but it all looks top quality stuff.

Years ago on TDOCUK Devilsown posted a detailed thread with dyno results etc... it was really interesting to see the results. Might be a few on the TDIclub if you're interested.
Thanks given by:
Infact, rethinking, if you fancy doing it properly, you could have a variable pulse width output also by using the turbo control valve output, if you used a reasonable sized FET on the output to drive the pump. If you're not thinking of using the turbocharger control, just force the governor switchon/switchoff hysteresis maps sky high so the governor never switches on and you're left with the base precontrol maps which are based on RPM and injection quantity (even selectable between demanded IQ from the pedal position, or actual limited quantity).
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2018, 10:56 AM)Ruan Wrote: Infact, rethinking, if you fancy doing it properly, you could have a variable pulse width output also by using the turbo control valve output, if you used a reasonable sized FET on the output to drive the pump. If you're not thinking of using the turbocharger control, just force the governor switchon/switchoff hysteresis maps sky high so the governor never switches on and you're left with the base precontrol maps which are based on RPM and injection quantity (even selectable between demanded IQ from the pedal position, or actual limited quantity).

That sounds like a really interesting method, I will be mapping it to take full advantage of the WI so it sounds perfic. Having ECU controlled boost although good is too much faffing around for me. You do realise I'll be pestering you a lot now ha ha Big Grin
Thanks given by: