Central Locking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central Locking
Any ideas, on how much it costs to sort the central locking out, so I can remotely lock and open the car. Not a major problem but one that I would like to sort out.

Cheers
it's all about the pug life 
Thanks given by:
You could try replacing the battery & then re-sync the key fob. Yours will be an infrared type.  Instructions here https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/archive/in...-2336.html

If that doesn't work I personally wouldn't bother trying to get it working, unless you're an expert with electrics like Cully on here. (He installed an aftermarket RF receiver & fob). It would prob be expensive to get it sorted by a garage.  Even if you get the IR system sorted they're next to useless ...you have to be stood right next to the car for them to register the signal from the key!

you prob already know this but you can still dead lock the car by holding the key in the anticlockwise position in the drivers door for a few moments after it has central locked.
Thanks given by: puglife306
had trouble with our locking disconnected so we use the key! rip off charged 300 quid and it looks like he took the fuse out!!
Thanks given by:
(29-09-2018, 02:53 PM)Mighty306 Wrote: You could try replacing the battery & then re-sync the key fob. Yours will be an infrared type.  Instructions here https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/archive/in...-2336.html

If that doesn't work I personally wouldn't bother trying to get it working, unless you're an expert with electrics like Cully on here. (He installed an aftermarket RF receiver & fob). It would prob be expensive to get it sorted by a garage.  Even if you get the IR system sorted they're next to useless ...you have to be stood right next to the car for them to register the signal from the key!

you prob already know this but you can still dead lock the car by holding the key in the anticlockwise position in the drivers door for a few moments after it has central locked.

Hi Mate thanks.

Yeah, ill give that a go, if not then I'm not too bothered by it, it would just be a nice touch if it would remotely lock Smile

(29-09-2018, 03:29 PM)paulw Wrote: had trouble with our locking disconnected so we use the key!  rip off charged 300 quid and it looks like he took the fuse out!!

Really ! that's a joke.

Tbh if I can't fix it cheap, then ill just leave it. I Think its rare to get one that has the central locking working especially at 20 years old, but ill have a look at the link below.
it's all about the pug life 
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central locking/deadlocking/immobiliser going beserk. pug306driver 5 2,002 29-01-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  central locking bypass auto unlocking andyw 1 1,194 04-07-2021, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Universal remote central locking carrot 1 1,534 19-02-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Mighty306