Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest engine swap for a phase 3 1.4 meridian tu3
(30-07-2018, 02:14 PM)Ruan Wrote: Exactly as I said ^^  - they're EW based engines, they sit at a totally different angle and there are no mounts from the factory that work, you'll be making your own mounts, engine loom, exhaust manifold, gear shift cables, gear shifter mechanism, unlocking the ECU, installing an electronic pedal or aftermarket ECU. If you're just wanting a bit of extra performance, sell your current car and get something else, it's never worth it. I think I've seen one person put an EW10J4S in a 205 and it was a shitload of work.

I know what you mean, I paid £80 for a 1.4 meridian with 70k and it's pretty tidy. No rust anywhere. done nearly 6 thousand miles, Iv taken back seats out as I use it as a work car until it dies, handling wise is supprisingly good. Just wanted to see If that the1.6 8v or 1.8 8v would fit into the mounts on the 1.4 8v. Is it as simple as that or too much work. I'm only after a little gain gaining speed. I'm happy to lose top end
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easiest engine swap for a phase 3 1.4 meridian tu3 - by Teeharv - 30-07-2018, 04:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1.4 Meridian engine modding SketchYDG 13 2,477 17-03-2015, 09:51 AM
Last Post: allye