Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up
Mincer!
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
So update. Over the past few weeks i have sorted somewhere to leave this car which I'm glad about because in reality it won't sell as it is and i can't be bothered breaking it lol. So the car is stay for the foreseeable future.
With that in mind, it went to End of season expo a few weeks ago. Before that it had been sitting for a few months with brake issues. I just could not work it out as the discs were running with no more than 0.03mm run out which is sod all. In the end i had had enough with the twin piece discs so decided to find some single piece ones. As a few updates ago, i found Grand Punto Abarth discs fit with a little fettling. I had them "fettled" and finally got around to fitting them just before end of season expo. I forgot just how a car is supposed to stop Tongue
I also hadn't realised how poor the Hispec rotors were. Now I'm using Brembo discs and pads, it stops on a pin and does so smoothly.
So took it to the expo and realised i have a misfire. Im pretty sure this is because of the spark plugs I'm using. When on boost its spot on but when its hot and pulling away, its pretty horrible. Im using BCR8ES which are good for about 1bar of boost. Im running 6psi so i think these plugs may be too hot. I think Stefan has had similar issues as well so I'm going to copy him and try the BCR7ES. If anyone has any ideas on my misfire though, shout!

Anyway its coming up to November which means MOT and tax are due. I wanted to get the MOT sorted ASAP because I'm pretty busy for all of October so it was tested today and failed Sad

On a sidelight bulb lol. Other than that not a single advisory. The MOT tester commented on how clean it is and how much work (read money) had gone into it which was nice. Only thing he wasnt too happy about is the oil leak which is coming from the oil/water heat exchanger. The car is due its next service early next year so when i do that ill swap the exchanger and make sure its sealed up. Anyone who's had one leak will know just how much of a mess it makes of the underside of the car lol.

Will be doing a few bits to this over the winter. Nothing exciting but mostly tidying up bits which are looking a bit tired and replacing a few bits which have seen better days.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
7's are hotter than 8's.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
do you have any acceleration video
Thanks given by:
8's are not ideal for every day brilliant for race or track use where they are burning at there optimum core temp but day to day driving they will coak up easy! 7's have transformed the running of mine completely.
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
Only intending on running 8's on the buggy and that'll be race use only and another 150 horsies, so 7's are probably a good shout!
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Glad to see you have found somewhere to keep it Smile
Thanks given by:
So only about a month on from the MOT, I've finally pulled my finger out and started trying to sort this misfire...but only because its the christmas meet next week Tongue
Cars looking pretty sorry for its self at the moment. Work has taken over lately so i haven't had any time for it but that should change after christmas which will be good.
I ordered a set of BCR7ES from ECP and surprisingly they turned up next day. Even more surprising is they got my order right!! So I've been out this morning, unfrozen the bonnet catch, opened it up to find a engine covered in cobwebs. Clearly its not been used in a while Tongue
I was expecting the old plugs to be jet black to be honest. Ive been doing a lot of reading on this recently and what Stef has said above is right. 8s are great if you are constantly foot to the floor but I'm not. No one can afford that lol. I pulled the old plugs to find them in surprisingly good nick!

The only one that concerns me is the left hand (cylinder 1) one is rather oily but i also found it to be substantially looser than the others so this may have been the cause of my misfire. Ive fitted the 7s and will monitor them but I'm glad to see its been running rather healthy even on the wrong plugs. Well i say wrong, with a build like this which is more trial and error, there isn't really a right or wrong!
Went to start the car to check it runs ok. Nothing. Guess i better get that battery on charge Tongue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Sick project! Very tempted by a gti6.
Thanks given by:
I'm going to have to read this entire thread now.
Thanks given by:
Proper job, 7's should be reet!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts Cherry HDi Dturbo. Project Stage 1+ & tidy up. Matt-Rallye 29 12,726 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed! Matt-Rallye 70 32,350 07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Moonstone GTi6 Track-Lite Project reese 28 14,602 29-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: reese