D turbo fmic td04 and xantia manifold

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D turbo fmic td04 and xantia manifold
So yesterday had a couple of hours to start on the pug most of the time was spent taking the front bumper off (due to undoing the bolt for the slam panel instead and not being able to notice the other 10mm bolt.

Got the fans out ok but leaning over on my hand on the rad accidentally snapped this ?. Rad on its way with single 12inch slim line fan and paint to re do front bumper grill and bonnet.

Today's job weather dependant take tmic off manifold a turbo ready for td04 and xantia manifold. Been reading and watching a you tube clip by piggy is loosening removing the top engine mount make it a lot easier and accessible ? And is there anything I need to be careful of?

Just to point out my diy skills are limited to basic servicing so apologies if I ask stupid questions or seem a retard

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
If you're replacing the rad then take it out now, means you can rock the engine further forward when you take the top mount off, give you plenty of room down the back to get at the turbo and manifold Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by: mattydturb
Yeah it's already out. I also noticed the bottom coolant pipe the one with the metal thing round it was leaking from the rad the a little would that have been the rad or the pipe?
I'm not going to damage sumo am I with jack under there supporting it am I?
Thanks given by:
Put a bit of wood on the jack and lower it off the sump, will be fine
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I've got some 4x1 wood lengths I can use as well after doing a good rummage for my tools.

Just a quick one in the boot there's a small hole on the wheel arch it's already had a patch done but I've had a little look behind the plastic trim and there's quite a bit of bubbling wondered if there known for that or if I've got a leak
Thanks given by:
Known for it mate, drivers side rear I'm guessing, fix it then get a plastic liner out a later model to stop it happening again. Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeah it's alread had one patch done but the hole is at the top of the arch and having peeled the plastic trim just behind the drivers seat although it's blaze yellow it's quite orange and could quite a bit of welding. Seeing as the car was so cheap going to leave the welding till last as throwing money into it will stop me breaking it if it is pretty serious

(22-11-2015, 09:50 PM)ashdturb Wrote: Yeah it's alread had one patch done but the hole is at the top of the arch and having peeled the plastic trim just behind the drivers seat although it's blaze yellow it's quite orange and could quite a bit of welding. Seeing as the car was so cheap going to leave the welding till last as throwing money into it will stop me breaking it if it is pretty serious

(20-11-2015, 08:54 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Known for it mate, drivers side rear I'm guessing, fix it then get a plastic liner out a later model to stop it happening again. Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gearbox mounted turbo - manifold darrencurry0808 0 1,313 22-01-2020, 08:57 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  My D-turbo complete TD04 bosch exhaust etc etc 306td04 26 14,003 27-06-2014, 08:53 AM
Last Post: bdc
  Danny's TD04 Blaze D Turbo. Danny Wideboy 66 12,709 10-06-2014, 10:34 AM
Last Post: RetroPug