Climate control vent switching

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Climate control vent switching
Thanks to this forum, I was able to establish that the occasional self turning on of the AC and the full time running of the fan is normal.
But one other odd thing I have noticed is that when directing the airflow to the footwell area, there is still a flow from the dash vents.
What I would like to do is have cool AC air concentrated below to keep drinks cold, I may even fabricate a small enclosure to
simulate a mini fridge.
I would be interested to know if the air should totally divert, the icons on the switch seem to indicate it should.
Also what is the best method of adding a control to keep the fan from running? perhaps a switch across the whole AC fuse or is the fan on its own circuit?
The 1999 306 has only done 60000K  and while the fan is still good, I'd like to keep it that way, having read that they do deteriate.
TIA   Ron
Thanks given by:
Hi Ron. I assume you're talking about the radiator / condenser fan. If AC is on this has to be running (low speed) to maintain air flow through the condenser.

I personally wouldn't mess with the AC circuit, which is electronically controlled.  Best explanation I've found on how the circuit operates is here ....

http://www.peugeotlogic.com/workshop/wsh...fanop1.htm

Can't help with question about diverting air from vents I'm afraid.
Thanks given by:
Thanks, it is likely my model, although a diesel, could have a similar control to the main radiator fans for the same reason.
However, if the AC computer/unit was powered off (by fuse perhaps) it might not be important for those radiator fans to run.
This is assuming there is another thermostat controlled circuit for the engine cooling. This should become apparent fairly quickly at a standstill, by the temp guage and radiator fans not cutting in.
No Engine Control computer on the XUD, but the Climate control has computer and digital readout, I'm not sure if the central locking and digital dash are also part of the same computer or different ones.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Climate control retrofit?? FuST 0 1,198 08-06-2018, 01:48 PM
Last Post: FuST
  Vent Problems eamon 0 933 03-10-2013, 06:22 PM
Last Post: eamon
  Drivers Vent Pods - Any Interest? ct-hdi 11 2,749 14-04-2012, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Joe