Air Conditioning Repair

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Conditioning Repair
Afternoon All,

I am going to be tackling the air conditioning on my 306 soon. Does anyone have a list of the part numbers for the various pipes, radiators and seals etc?

Going to add up the costs / find sources of the parts and tackle the replacement and repair of it. I want it working as soon as I can and I don't mind spending the money as I plan to keep the car on the road for quite a while.

Cheers Big Grin
Thanks given by:
goong from memory, the condenser cost me about £300 fitted my an air-con garage.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
First thing to do would be find out which parts are leaking with a pressure test.

Condenser will almost certainly be knackered by now. Brand new Nissens one is about £80 on eBay.

Lower pipe will also need replacement.

The problems will come if you've got a leak on the evaporator as that'll require dash removal to replace.
Thanks given by:
Brilliant. I will try and get it sorted soon Big Grin I'll tackle a dash out job if I have to Big Grin haha
Thanks given by:
I found lower pipe and condensor as the main issues. Get leak die in it and tested.
Check part numbers and do searches... I found a genuine OEM condensor for £14 delivered!!!
Make sure you buy thedrier too. I got a seal pack if you want to replace seals.

Also see my video guide on getting the joints apart...cheap little tool you will need
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
AC works on all three of my 306's.

The two cars I bought used which didn't have working systems only needed a new condenser but the dryer was replaced as it's good practice to.

Girlfriends old 206 was only the condenser to.

The bottom pipe broke on my Dturbo when fitting the last condenser. The pipe gets eaten away by road salt trapped between the rubber and pipe on the P mounts, so don't try and bend the pipe from the car to mount to the condenser, bend the pipe on the condenser instead.
Thanks given by:
Fantastic! Cheers for all the info fellas Big Grin will have a go at tackling this soon as possible! Big Grin

Does anyone have access to anything that would tell me part numbers I need etc?
Thanks given by:
I'd order the condenser and dryer off gsf today as they have a massive 59% off use may59 discount code.

The pipes are no longer available and were very expensive.
Thanks given by:
Seems like it'd be best to source pipes quick. Then deal with the readily available condensors.
Thanks given by:
The gsf discount won't be going all summer, best to get them bits while they're cheap.

Pipes you could get made up or repaired.

I had mine welded up where it cracked.
Thanks given by:
Tiggy' welded my pipes up at a very reasonable cost
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2018, 06:48 AM)Piggy Wrote: Tiggy' welded my pipes up at a very reasonable cost

IS there any guide of removing lower pipe? the one end is easy to remove but other part (at radiator lower end) seems not obvious how to remove it,
Thanks!
Thanks given by:
(02-06-2018, 04:40 PM)mangler Wrote:
(08-05-2018, 06:48 AM)Piggy Wrote: Tiggy' welded my pipes up at a very reasonable cost

IS there any guide of removing lower pipe? the one end is easy to remove but other part (at radiator lower end) seems not obvious how to remove it,
Thanks!

Undo the clamps holding the pipe. Use a spring lock coupler to get the joint apart.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: mangler
(02-06-2018, 06:33 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 04:40 PM)mangler Wrote:

Thanks!

Undo the clamps holding the pipe. Use a spring lock coupler to get the joint apart.

Thanks! just removed!

what is the diameter of pipe, need to buy some repair kit, is it 12mm or 13mm?
thanks
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Conditioning. JTaylor2005 9 5,861 01-07-2015, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Toms306