The fiesta FAO danny

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The fiesta FAO danny
So long story cut very short here just to get it out the way. I finished learning what i needed to from the leon so i put it up for sale at a ridiculous price. It got snapped up fairly fast being what it was. Had a LOT of upgrades on it all mapped and was fast to be fair. However It was still a vw in my eyes. I used it for what i said i wanted it for it had to go. So with the money I earnt i finally decided to "grow up" So i bought my first ever daily driver that is actually just that. Its a daily driver, its comfy, nippy and reliable. I intened to get another car at some point as a second vehicle again but not for a while. Im just fed up of playing with my daily all the time to much stress to get things done. So heres a picture of it. 

Its a climate model with the dv6 engine in. pas, ac, electrics, tinited windows, leather steering wheel, fancy colour coded stuff. 
To be fair i genuinly have always liked these. Its got the psa engine in so im super familiar with it. plus its a hoot to drive round the twistys.

Also ive broke it 3 times already. First time i used it as a snow plough. Its electric power steering pump didnt like that at all. Then 2nd gear syncro just decied to pack up one day, then i bent a wheel very badly. Fiesta mk6 rims are known for being cheese. So its now on a diffrent set of wheels from a puma as they are a lot stronger.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Looks like a tidy little motor Bash. Glad you're enjoying it n finding it less stressful than your previous purchases!  Having a 306 as a daily can be a real chore. The MoT on mine is looming n have a list of things that probably need attention first e.g. the handbrake barely works!

So, when you do get a second car for fun/weekends is a 306 in the running or might you go for something a bit more exotic?
Thanks given by:
So...what sort of MPG does it get? Wink Big Grin
Thanks given by:
That's not a bad little car TBF.
No more 306s for you now then?
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
So to answer all the questions. Currently there is no plan for another 306. Saying this things might change if the right one came up local as they're awesome on track and that's primerally what the second car would be used for. As for mpg it currently gets 52.1 mpg indicated. Havnt bothered working it out properly though. Also being a non dpf model was a bonus.

PS the mpg is with the car loaded as well. Currently driving about with tools and a set of wheels in the back
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:

Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:

I reckon that's about as accurate as the 32c it's showing... :p Mine currently shows 67mpg...I don't believe it for a minute lol.

52mpg isn't bad for these doing local runs, they do only get about the same as a Focus despite the weight difference and lack of DPF. Should get a bit better in the warmer weather though.
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2018, 11:15 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I reckon that's about as accurate as the 32c it's showing... :p  Mine currently shows 67mpg...I don't believe it for a minute lol.  

52mpg isn't bad for these doing local runs, they do only get about the same as a Focus despite the weight difference and lack of DPF.  Should get a bit better in the warmer weather though.

Accurate over the last 3k miles
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
who listens to Radio 1 these days?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
A word of advice- check the brake lines behind the heatshield that's above the rear silencer. There's a section you can't really see without the heat shield removed.

I went to replace my rear hard piping as bits of it looked really scabby, once I got the heatshield off the bit behind it that wasn't visible was by far the worst and the pipe actually burst when I pulled it off the retaining clips so that was a close call.

Parts are nice and cheap for these and they're pretty easy to work on for the most part!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
One of the first things i done was remove the heatshield and grease the exsiting brake lines as they were mint. I do a lot of brake pipes on these at work. Also cleaned out the top mounting nuts that rust onto the shocks and greased them as well. Another bastard thing on these if youi dont catch it before it happens. Thankfully i have a very clean one but there are some bad ones out there.
Thanks given by:
Ah that's good then.

Is it the 1.6 or the 1.4 tdci?

I've done more than 40k miles in mine.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replacement car, thinking Fiesta DeeTurbo 16 3,750 23-11-2017, 12:11 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  NSFW fiesta ST ebay cully 20 4,938 03-04-2016, 04:05 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam
  Fiesta 1.0 125 MY95 12 2,288 28-11-2014, 07:56 AM
Last Post: Anton