P0230?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P0230?
LI've just bought my 306 2 weeks ago was running fine but then the eml came on and went into limp had a look it came up with p0320 so cleared it and then it started too over run I was told fuel pressure regulator so cut the tip off thought it was sorted until last no began hard too start then it keeps cutting out when driving help?
Thanks given by:
If it's over running it's almost certainly the fuel pressure reg. You may have bodged it by cutting the filter off but it could probably do with a proper cleaning or even replacing. How many miles has the car done?
Thanks given by:
Very common problem, there's a fuelling problems guide in the guide section that will help you narrow down the issue.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(25-04-2018, 08:42 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: If it's over running it's almost certainly the fuel pressure reg. You may have bodged it by cutting the filter off but it could probably do with a proper cleaning or even replacing. How many miles has the car done?

95k on the clock I did blast it out with an airline once I cut the end off it ran nice for two days
Thanks given by:
You can reliably test any changes by full-throttle accelerating up a hill from low revs (1500ish) in fourth or fifth. If its going to cut out due to fuel pressure discrepancies it'll do it then.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  maf causing P0230? stage 2 Arron 11 2,708 23-05-2013, 06:41 AM
Last Post: Poodle