exhaust help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exhaust help
Hey folks,

Came home tonight and took a look to see what was vibrating at the back of the car. Back box rear hangar has rotted (well the back box has actually) and is about to fall off. The exhaust is past it and needs replaced so I am going to do that.

Trouble is it's a cat exhaust and I do not want (or need thanks to the MOT revision) a CAT this time around. Just wondering how I go to my local exhaust place and get them to fit the right exhaust which in fact will be the wrong exhaust for the car?  I have had a dig on servicebox but whilst it contains all sorts of info I can't figure out any way to make that info useful for what I am trying to do!

any ideas how to specify the exhaust I need other than "just like the one that it's got but without the CAT" ?  Doh

EDIT: Just checked the MOT testers manual and realise that my belief that smoke test only diesels don't need a CAT was wrong. So I am guessing that no exhaust place will do this for me anyway as it will be effectively 'illegal' ?
Thanks given by:
(23-04-2018, 06:46 PM)carlukepeugeot Wrote: Hey folks,

Came home tonight and took a look to see what was vibrating at the back of the car. Back box rear hangar has rotted (well the back box has actually) and is about to fall off. The exhaust is past it and needs replaced so I am going to do that.

I had mine done last year and as it's in sections they only did the part that was NBG
If it can break it will. Matter over mind will fix it. Idea
Thanks given by: