Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The future of 306oc
I know in my county there's a 'rent a ramp' place near the J.E.T labs in Culham
http://thisisyourgarage.com/
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
One thing I have constantly noticed on this website is that the home page features a load of 2017 meeting information and 2017 Christmas organisation info. Who is it that changes those things? Is it something I could help with the general tidying?
Another thing I was wondering is whether it's something I can help with when it comes to location of threads and general forum tidy ups?
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2018, 10:54 AM)cully Wrote: personaly ive had enough of rolling around the drive on my back fixing cars!
my bianca is going in for MOT tomorrow there may be a for sale package soon

Time to install a lift then Cully! Smile
Thanks given by:
Same goes for 106owners. all the info (and all the shite too) gone forever. Luckily there's Sax-P which has a lot of duplicate threads.

I managed to copy some stuff onto another "new" website that was set up... guess what that's now gone too! fegejwaglegelkgjb ragin.

If it ever came down to it, I'd never delete a forum. I'd host it read only.

all dem bants!
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
Club 306?? likewise?
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
All depends on how enthusiastic people still are about the car and how popular it still is too, Hence why I mentioned about the metro side of things switching scene. But even the owners club had a bit of trouble with the main admin, What was happening was the info that people had built up, was been hidden. So things went very sour, One lad took it off his own bat, and launched a replacement forum, before the original one was pulled off, Everyone got together again through face book, and we all just started again from scratch, Bits of info people had still was posted up again and I re wrote a few guides, so they were slowly building up the data base again. The facebook group was changed over just for club events only, and questions about car trouble etc, people were told to sign up and ask on the forum. Which brought the forum back to life again. Also the things is now, these cars are now 20 years old plus, and the last ones are now pushing close to 20 years old. So question is, who's going to want a 20 year old plus car now, as a 1st car? The lads who are 17 years old and in their early 20s, are not really going to want a car that old are they, plus getting insurance on it due to the age of it, maybe be a bit of a problem. I think it might be best to have a chat with the gti6 admins and see if the two clubs could merge, and do I dare say even ask if .net would like to merge. SO that all 3 clubs could become one. That way we have a gti 6 register, a strong data base of info from the 3 forums etc, One thing I don't see is information about the ranges and their interiors etc. Only way really if things are going to push forwards from this point onwards. I am not going anywhere with mine just yet, as I still would like to spend a lot of time working on mine. But its all down to how willing the admin team are on here, Eeyore seems to be the main man looking at things, at the moment. Even some of the moderators seemed to have vanished too, So maybe time for another shake up on that front?
My point of view anyway,
Thanks given by:
You mentioned a metro? Didn’t notice
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2018, 07:44 PM)Niall Wrote: You mentioned a metro? Didn’t notice

Right ok, forget my imput if you are going to be like  Angry  Looks like I should just log off for good.
Thanks given by:
I’m on the wind up...had you forgotten how much of a prick I am? Lol

I do see your point though about the popularity of the car and that has declined because most 17-25 year olds these days are driving new financed cars rather than doing what most of us did and spend 1k on a old car.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
speaking of old cars gents. my bruv had a Corsa (1.2 twinport) he wanted to sell.
had a few potential young buyers come and look, but the crunch was their insurance was going to be way more than the asking price.
he px'd in the end.

and the last pug I sold (205 derv) went for £150

some good suggestions there Procta
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2018, 08:33 PM)Niall Wrote: I’m on the wind up...had you forgotten how much of a prick I am? Lol

I do see your point though about the popularity of the car and that has declined because most 17-25 year olds these days are driving new financed cars rather than doing what most of us did and spend 1k on a old car.

Lol, how could he forget that? Tongue

I don't agree though, a lot of young people are still buying cheap 10 year old cars in the same way we did...but that's now 2007/8 107s, C1s, Clios and Fiestas etc. Don't forget it's around 10 years since we passed...I doubt many of us looked at 1989 cars at the time.
Thanks given by:
Yeh things move on. Apart from Nially being a lanky bell.

im spending less time under cars because frankly time is more important to me now.

In terms of the front page of the site.... i update that and havent got round to it. Meet threads are all up to date. Ill try and update the front this weekend.

The logo may change so feel free to print out whatever and stick it whereever. Youre doing it personally and hte club isnt condoning it at this stage.
Thanks given by:
Quote:I don't agree though, a lot of young people are still buying cheap 10 year old cars in the same way we did...but that's now 2007/8 107s, C1s, Clios and Fiestas etc.  Don't forget it's around 10 years since we passed...I doubt many of us looked at 1989 cars at the time.

quite!
my 1st car actually bought by me, was a banger from a car auction. looking back, the worst £500 I ever spent. Huh Confused Dodgy
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2018, 09:06 AM)Eeyore Wrote: Yeh things move on. Apart from Nially being a lanky bell.

im spending less time under cars because frankly time is more important  to me now.

In terms of the front page of the site.... i update that and havent got round to it. Meet threads are all up to date. Ill try and update the front this weekend.

The logo may change so feel free to print out whatever and stick it whereever. Youre doing it personally and hte club isnt condoning it at this stage.

Isn't condoning it?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
we have had htis discussion a million times. Is the club responsible for people printing their own flyers and sticking them on peoples cars. Yes you can do it but no the club is not telling you to or being responsbile for it.
Thanks given by:
So you are condoning it?!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2018, 05:37 PM)Piggy Wrote: So you are condoning it?!?

if people want to invite others to the club with flyers of their own designs then thats up to them. The club doesnt currently provide the materials or tell its members to do it.
Thanks given by:
basically then, it's a voluntary act by the members doing it of their own accord. using their own ideas and materials.
I can live with that, no probs.
i'd most likely use the design that was posted further back.
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
It does need some tweeking Wink words spelling correct etc haha
Thanks given by:
lol
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
there's still people into the cars, i have quite a few locally buy parts from me and such, i think a lot of them just lurk reading guides whatever and don't post though Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2018, 09:57 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: there's still people into the cars, i have quite a few locally buy parts from me and such, i think a lot of them just lurk reading guides whatever and don't post though Smile

that's how I started! Rofl
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Think a Google definition of 'condoning' is needed lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2018, 06:44 PM)Piggy Wrote: Think a Google definition of 'condoning' is needed lol

is this a who googles 1st compo?
Wink

condone
/kənˈdəʊn/

verb
gerund or present participle: condoning

accept (behaviour that is considered morally wrong or offensive).
"the college cannot condone any behaviour that involves illicit drugs"

synonyms: deliberately ignore, not take into consideration, disregard, take no notice of, take no account of, accept, allow, make allowances for, let pass, turn a blind eye to, overlook, forget, wink at, blink at, connive at; More
forgive, pardon, excuse, let someone off with, let go, sink, bury;

let bygones be bygones;

informallet something ride

"we cannot condone such dreadful behaviour"

antonyms: condemn, punish

•approve or sanction (something), especially with reluctance.
"those arrested were released and the exhibition was officially condoned a few weeks later"
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2018, 08:33 PM)Niall Wrote: I’m on the wind up...had you forgotten how much of a prick I am? Lol

I'm 25 and I'm doing both.

UP GTi which may arrive at some point in my lifetime and I've got a 106, and 106 parts pouring out my ears!

What happens when I become 26 though?
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2018, 06:45 PM)Martin306 Wrote: What happens when I become 26 though?

toilet training begins

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(29-04-2018, 08:05 PM)cully Wrote:
(29-04-2018, 06:45 PM)Martin306 Wrote: What happens when I become 26 though?

toilet training begins

so soon? Rofl
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Future Plan Eeyore 27 4,364 29-11-2014, 09:56 PM
Last Post: toseland
  Possibile project (probably way off in the future) Megamonkey 23 3,362 15-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Poodle