306 design "improvements"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 design "improvements"
bit of a loose subject/discussion.

given our combined knowledge of the car, what changes would you make to it better than what was originally designed.

my two'porth would be to mount the gearstick and handbrake about 3 inches further back for better driving comfort, a telescopic adjustable steering column, and the front cubby DIN sized.

feel free to add your design changes below.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
1) Bumpstop chassis section. Blind, closed box sections which catch all the crap thrown up by the rear wheels

2) front chassis rails and cant rail sections. Stupid bits everyone jacks them on which werent designed for it. Either design them with jacking in mid or get rid.

3) Bulkhead section behind ecu. Design it so water can escape, not sit there and rot out the bulkhead.

4) Brakelight switch position. Positioned by a contortionist with a an evil sense of humour

5) Airbag plugs under seats... much better solutions than the crap they used....

6) Chocolate cambelts on the 6/Rallyes....

7) Phs 2 headlights. Candles in jamjars were better

I could go on......
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
Totally agree... Basically driving position. Seat further back, throttle pedal at a better angle, telescopic steering wheel and hand controls further back
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Air con that WORKS! And doesnt break easily.

I'd have another but I can't live without air con!!
Thanks given by:
cup holders, an arm rest and a better arm rest on the door cards!
Thanks given by:
nice to know these things
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
A drag link cover for the cables through the doors...
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2018, 07:39 PM)Piggy Wrote: Totally agree... Basically driving position. Seat further back, throttle pedal at a better angle, telescopic steering wheel and hand controls further back

QFT.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
wonder if we can get the production gear - a-la MBG? (Owner Club/bodies/suppliers etc)
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
I would have designed it so the lower engine mount bracket didn't have the sodding drive shaft running through it (on XU's at least.  Not sure if other engines had the same issue).  Makes changing the mount a much bigger job than it should be, especially with those stupid bolts that hold the driveshaft bearing in place!!
Thanks given by:
I'd definitely redesign those shaft retaining bolts!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2018, 07:36 PM)Piggy Wrote: I'd definitely redesign those shaft retaining bolts!

(12-04-2018, 01:43 PM)Mighty306 Wrote: I would have designed it so the lower engine mount bracket didn't have the sodding drive shaft running through it (on XU's at least.  Not sure if other engines had the same issue).  Makes changing the mount a much bigger job than it should be, especially with those stupid bolts that hold the driveshaft bearing in place!!

Both of those arw a proper twat.....the engine i took out of that 6 i nroke, i had to take the whole bracket off and whack the intermediate shaft until it eventually fell out. Glavanic corrosion between a steel bearing shell and that ali bracket
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2018, 07:49 PM)Ben_w Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 07:36 PM)Piggy Wrote: I'd definitely redesign those shaft retaining bolts!

(12-04-2018, 01:43 PM)Mighty306 Wrote: I would have designed it so the lower engine mount bracket didn't have the sodding drive shaft running through it (on XU's at least.  Not sure if other engines had the same issue).  Makes changing the mount a much bigger job than it should be, especially with those stupid bolts that hold the driveshaft bearing in place!!

Both of those arw a proper twat.....the engine i took out of that 6 i nroke, i had to take the whole bracket off and whack the intermediate shaft until it eventually fell out. Glavanic corrosion between a steel bearing shell and that ali bracket

It's probably cheaper to have it as all one casting. Someone finding it a bit easier to work on when it is 20 years old doesn't really matter to them!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
CUP HOLDERS!!!

Anyway of getting rid of the hockey sticks that always break as well?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Design fault on ph3 Jukie88 22 7,599 24-04-2018, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Orta
  Club Improvements Niall 34 18,031 13-11-2016, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  do we have club flyers/would anyone want to design some? Magenta Sunset 13 3,181 31-10-2016, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum