FAP/FAPLite

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FAP/FAPLite
Anyone ever used it? I've seen people using it on the mapping forum and it seems half decent -
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref=mw_...0Developer
Thanks given by:
Looks good and could be really useful. Im sure someone like Ruan will be along soon to confirm or deny.
Thanks given by:
To me it seems like a mobile version of PP2K which would be great especially if you can log the data.
Thanks given by:
(13-01-2018, 10:57 PM)Uberderv Wrote: To me it seems like a mobile version of PP2K which would be great especially if you can log the data.

Yeah that looks pretty fantastic, I'd be interested to see how useful it truly is on EDC15C2 - especially if you lower the amount of logged parameters and seeing what the frame rate is... Might purchase and give it a go.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I have emailed the developer to see what the difference is between the paid and free version, for under £10 it could be very handy.
Thanks given by:
Just updating this. I bought an original Vgate Icar2 bluetooth adapter off Ebay for £20 (had to make a small notch in the casing for the plug to sit flush) the app from Amazon for £8 and gave it a quick test last night. Brilliant app well worth every penny. It is literally a mini PP2K, you can even do the test function on the fans,ABS etc....

It's worth it for the diag side alone. If you are dabbling in diy remapping it's perfect as you can also log parameters, not the fastest refresh rate (0.5 sec) still very useful Smile
Thanks given by:
If the app allows for a USB cable, then you'd probably get much faster refresh rates for data logging, just need an OTG adapter to plug it into the phone
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not sure wired is an option but you never know, it's the portability which I find so good. I leave the bluetooth adapter plugged in 24/7 as it has an auto off function then my phone connects straight up when I get in Smile I can't see me needing to get PP2k out again which is a bit annoying as it was x3 more expensive and took loads of faffing round trying to install it.
Thanks given by:
screen-shots?
laughing at the Amazon images - "Engine speed not plausible"! Rofl
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Will take some later on Smile
Thanks given by:
So to summarise, for someone who doesn't have a laptop with PP you'd recommend buying this app and an OBD interface?
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Will this work for all 306's, petrol and diesel models?
Thanks given by:
Not sure on petrol engines mate, what ECU does it use? Here are some
screenshots-

Observation screen. I've removed the bits that the 306 doesn't use like turbo pressure, FAP gubbins etc....

Test options-

Example of log-

RetroPug- Early days but I'd say you could replace PP2k with this. I've not spent alot of time on it to be fair (pp2k) so I don't know the ins and outs of it. 

The app is in my opinion the best value for money you can get. If you want to read codes, monitor values or log data it does what's needed.

This is the paid version BTW Smile
Thanks given by:
The Bosch MP5.2 ECU for the XU10J4R (2.0 16v petrol) certainly isn't listed as a compatible ECU.  I have a hunch it's diesel only.
Thanks given by:
Here is what's listed -

- Only for Peugeot and Citroen vehicles
- Please note that this application will not work with bad ELM327 clone adapters which doesn't support extended protocol commands
- Supported INJ ECUs: EDC15C2, EDC17C10, EDC17C10_BR2, DCM3.5, DCM3.5_BR2, HDI_SID803, EDC16CP39, DCM3.4, HDI_SID807_BR2, MED17.4.2, MM6LPB, MEV17.4_EURO4, DCM3.4P, HDI_SID807, MEV17.4_EURO5, MEV17.4.2, ME745, MED17_4_EURO5, SID201, DCM35_HY, J34P, MM6LP, ME749, MM6KP, EDC17CP42, EDC17CP11, MED17_4_EURO4, V46, DCM6.2, ME747, DCN2, V34.1, V46.21, EDC17C60, MED17.4.4, S2000PM2, MEVD17.4.4
- Supported gearbox ECUS: CFC300P, CFC300P_HY, AM6/AT6, AL6
- ELM327 Bluetooth or WiFi adapter required
- Read real time information from your Engine Management ECU
- All sensors displayed like in DiagBox/Lexia manufacturer diagnostic (FAPlite version supports less parameters)
- Now you can check condition of used car before buying
- Faults reading and clearing
- Fast logging of sensors data and displaying in chart or table
- Testing of actioners like engine fan (in full version you get many more: EGR, fuel pump, air mixer, injectors...)
- Customizable display of sensors data
- Check condition of DPF/FAP and additive level

Sorry never paid much attention to the Devils fuel lol Smile
Thanks given by: