Cam cover needed, all rusted below

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam cover needed, all rusted below
Greetings good people,
I recently have noticed oil leak from below the rocker cover and when removed discovered a rust all over the lower part, when the gasket sits, I have removed the rust but it seems to be deformed a little too,  Now that i have refitted it leaks less but still..  
so what should I do, try to repair it more or buy new one,
if anyone sells cam cover, pls contact me I'll buy
thanks!
Its a 1997 306 1.6 saloon
Thanks given by:
have you replaced the seal as well?
Thanks given by: mangler
Main Dealer Prices as of 18/8/2014:

1.4 or 1.6 TU Engine rocker cover:
Part Number P0248R3 at £32.48 +Vat (you wont find much online)

Rocker gasket:
Part Number P024954 at 15.96 +Vat (you could get this cheaper online, about £11)

I reused the original screw/nuts, just don't over tighten! You can buy lots of second hand Rocker Covers and don't just stick to Peugeot 306 - The 207 and also Citroen Saxo and Xsara Picasso also use the same TU engines so it doesn't matter where you buy it from as the 1.4 and 1.6 engines all use the same rocker covers and seals. That's the TU3JP and TU5JP engines.

The Rocker gasket will be rectangular in shape and should have one or two 'nubs' of rubber that face towards the front.
Thanks given by: mangler , jm1986
Thank you all for reply,
yes I have changed the seal and it now seems not to leak at all but I'm not 100% sure, will wash engine and then look,
and want to ask if will this https://www.ebay.com/itm/122949311860?ul_noapp=true fit also?  its 205 cover and has same number of bolts/same shape as mine
Thanks!
Thanks given by:
I've a used cover if needed, pm if you want some pics.
Thanks given by:
Thanks you for help!
I've sorted my problem, it seems that when they've replaced the seal they over-tightened the nuts and bent the cap, so it leaked and rusted all over near the seal..  That is why I never go to any mechanic here in Georgia any more.. Logic is too far from their minds
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rusted Rocker Cover 1.4 TU engine shazilla 12 3,590 19-01-2014, 01:48 PM
Last Post: shazilla