Hello and could you please help?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello and could you please help?
Hi

I'm in Cornwall.

I'll be totally honest. My dad has an original 306 gti6 with 38k or so on the clock. It's a 97 year so I'm thinking it could be phase 1.

Yes that is correct. 38,000 miles.

He's talking about giving it up as he's had it for 20 years. It was an ex demonstrater and it's been well looked after.

The body work isn't immaculate. A couple of scrapes on the bumper and some of the lacquer on the panels is peeling.

It's the Crimson red. Seems a popular colour.

Can anyone please advise me on approx value.

I fully understand I won't be able to sell it here until I post another 99 times. I'm good with that. Just looking for advice.

He is 89 years young and want to help him get the best price please.
Thanks given by:
sounds like Diablo red which was common to have paint issues, that will detract the price a little however if the rest of the bodywork is in fair condition and the car is well documented it would retain a fair bit of value especially with the low mileage.

impossible to comment any more without seeing the service history and detailed pictures of the car.

97 is the crossover from phase 1 to 2, so as mentioned, pictures will help.

so he bought it at the ripe old age of 69?! legend if so!
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Post up some pictures of the car. With low mileage, phase 1, gti6. id expect over 2k. Cambelt replacement is important though especially if its been sat a long time.
Thanks given by:
I'm seeing 130 k miles ones selling for around £2k. Would it be unrealistic to look at over £3k? Assuming a full service history etc. It has been driven regularly but only around town in later years.

Mechanically it it spot on but the body work and the trim need tidying up.

Yes he bought it at 69. His previous car was a pug 309 SRI.
Thanks given by: