Hey hey!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey hey!
Hello all, I'm Carl, new to 306 ownership after I decided to stop daily driving my Renault 5 project car. XD 

Managed to score myself a free 1995 5 door 306 XT in white, its a 1.8 slushbox (how much of a job is that to change, cant imagine it being toooo much of a faff, I just wish it was a manual really its the only thing I'd change about its spec!) and honestly I'm loving it so far. its only done 48k miles with 1 previous owner that is a friend of the family.

A bit about me, I'm a 3rd year Apprentice Tech for JLR, so I'm not tooooo incompetent when it comes to working on cars. I've previously owned and loved Renault 5's, since I was pretty young so I know those inside and out

and more about the car! As stated its a 95/96 XT 5 door, it has the seemingly common heater matrix leak which i plan to tackle on one of the upcoming weekends. It needs some minor TLC as it's been sat a while but it runs and drives really nicely and from my eyes looks like a steal inside and out!
Thanks given by:
Hi mate and welcome to the club, plenty of info on here, if you can't find the answer just ask Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Hey Carl. Welcome to the club. As matt said there is a wealth of knowledge on here! Are you around warwick if youre on JLR?
Thanks given by:
Welcome along Carl & good luck with your heater matrix change.  I've not seen a guide on here but I know there's one over the the 306gti6 website.  Since there have been issues with Photobucket hosting I don't think you can see the pics any more but there is apparently a workaround.
Thanks given by: