oil problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oil problem
I think i know the answer to this but here goes i have a 1998 dturbo with lucas pump first starts runs fine for a few mins then its starts jumping and smoking till ive drove it for a few mins thought poss glow plugs but today i needed to replace the pipe from the intercooler to the pump and as ive pulled it off oil poured out there is 2 things in my mind. 1 is turbo 2 is that oil has built up over time due to how the pipe sits any other suggestions
Thanks given by:
Take the intercooler pipe off and while watching it, give the engine a high idle (4K etc) and see how much oil is pushed out the intercooler line. Some is expected (eg there will be a little build up but shouldn't be constant), best to post a video of this.

The jumping will probably be when your glow plug relay shuts off, your engines not warmed up enough.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2018, 10:33 PM)Dave Wrote: Take the intercooler pipe off and while watching it, give the engine a high idle (4K etc) and see how much oil is pushed out the intercooler line. Some is expected (eg there will be a little build up but shouldn't be constant), best to post a video of this.

The jumping will probably be when your glow plug relay shuts off, your engines not warmed up enough.

Thanks is the glow plug relay under the steering wheel or under bonnet
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2018, 10:23 AM)pug_345 Wrote:
(21-02-2018, 10:33 PM)Dave Wrote: Take the intercooler pipe off and while watching it, give the engine a high idle (4K etc) and see how much oil is pushed out the intercooler line. Some is expected (eg there will be a little build up but shouldn't be constant), best to post a video of this.

Glow plug relay is under the bonnet. It's quite a large beasty, on the passenger side bolted to the inner wing area adjacent to the battery. Think the glow plugs stay on for 3 minutes . That roughly how long it takes before it starts farting an banging?  Does it start up really cleanly or a bit rough ?
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2018, 07:16 PM)carlukepeugeot Wrote:
(24-02-2018, 10:23 AM)pug_345 Wrote:

Glow plug relay is under the bonnet. It's quite a large beasty, on the passenger side bolted to the inner wing area adjacent to the battery. Think the glow plugs stay on for 3 minutes . That roughly how long it takes before it starts farting an banging?  Does it start up really cleanly or a bit rough ?
Starts cleanly then as u say 2-3 mins then it starts
Thanks given by: