Team Dynamics Alloys

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Dynamics Alloys
I am looking at getting a set of team dynamics alloys for my 306. Now they are 6.2Kgs rather than the cyclones that are 9kgs.

I am wondering, Would this be a weight saving that would be noticed? I have heard that saving weight on rotating mass is much more of a gain than on normal car weight. 

Do you think it would make a noticeable difference to steering and general handling of the car at all?

Cheers Smile
Thanks given by:
Ive been using fondmetals and cyclones on track but Im yet to delve into light weight alloys. Id try the TDs but they just seem pretty common. If you do get some make sure you get them in a proper pug offset and not the ford ones with spacers which are more common. Id expect acceleration and braking to be better as there is less rotating mass to stop and start.
Thanks given by: JTaylor2005
Nice shout about the offset! I'd have probably not even remembered that!

I haven't heard of Fondmetals. Are they light or just about the same as standard cyclones?
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2018, 07:21 AM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: Nice shout about the offset! I'd have probably not even remembered that!

I haven't heard of Fondmetals. Are they light or just about the same as standard cyclones?

not at all. Fondmetal 4000s are what i had on the 1.8 a few years ago as theyre a nice wheel with about 2 inches of dish that could have polished up nicely if I had ever put the effort in. 

[Image: IMG00140201004051411good-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
There is a number of benefits to reducing weight on a wheel/tyre assembly. Principally that is the reduction in rotating mass, and the need to accelerate/decelerate that mass (think why people fit lightweight flywheels). The rest of the benefits revolve around less force into the suspension from a bump or undulation, and less disturbance/effect on the tyre's contact patch - how quickly the spring can return the tyre's contact patch in the event of a dip, how little it varies is how much you can exploit what's available, which in racing could mean a greater corner speed....

I would advise you go and read about sprung and unsprung weights.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
(14-02-2018, 09:06 AM)Eeyore Wrote:
(14-02-2018, 07:21 AM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: Nice shout about the offset! I'd have probably not even remembered that!

not at all. Fondmetal 4000s are what i had on the 1.8 a few years ago as theyre a nice wheel with about 2 inches of dish that could have polished up nicely if I had ever put the effort in. 

[Image: IMG00140201004051411good-1.jpg]

Cheers C2K  I wonder how noticeable it would be ? 
Definitely something to think about!

Those Fondmetal 4000s look good! But yeah, like you I would be too lazy to keep polishing them ?
Thanks given by:
also gti6 brakes definitely dont fit under 4000s. Some 266s may do but others need the caliper grinding down to clear. :/
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2018, 09:51 PM)Eeyore Wrote: also gti6 brakes definitely dont fit under 4000s. Some 266s may do but others need the caliper grinding down to clear. :/

Another good shout!

I am wondering what they would be like under the team dynamics. Might have to just suck it and see! Although grinding anything that helps me stop is not something I fancy the idea of Tongue
Thanks given by:
loads of space for big brakes.

not quite as much as a full on motorsport wheel but close.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
(15-02-2018, 09:54 AM)welshpug Wrote: loads of space for big brakes.

not quite as much as a full on motorsport wheel but close.

That's what I wanted to hear! Big Grin

Cheers!
Thanks given by: