F-in french electrics!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F-in french electrics!
pain the arse, my passanger side window has been acting up on both switchs. so checked both door looms, found a fault on the driverside loom. my passanger switch decided to work again and window went down. but the fucker wouldnt go back up again. :evil: so i have to wind the window up manually so f*ck knows if the drivers switch is acting up as that has the overide system for the passanger side window. had the fault before with the phase1.
got a pal coming down to have a look at on sunday to see if he can give me some other ideas.
times like this i wish the car was a basic as a Rallye!
Thanks given by:
mines the same mate haha its f*cked and when i plug it in it goes up but not down, changed a few wired then it went down but not up so changed it back and its stayed up since haha
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:mines the same mate haha its f*cked and when i plug it in it goes up but not down, changed a few wired then it went down but not up so changed it back and its stayed up since haha

shame there isnt a rally in a scrappy, id have swopped the full manual system in. less of a f*ck on.
Thanks given by:
Electrics! Who neesds em. Useless stuff!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
This happened with decs, just touch the right wires and the window should go back up lol.

Oh and winders are shit....can't open passenger window from drivers seat, and takes effort to open. The only good thing is that you can open the window without the key in!
Thanks given by:
tom, i have been touching the wires but in the end i decided to call it a day and wind the fucker up manually.
Thanks given by:
procta Wrote:tom, i have been touching the wires but in the end i decided to call it a day and wind the fucker up manually.

How did you do that? :?
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:
procta Wrote:tom, i have been touching the wires but in the end i decided to call it a day and wind the fucker up manually.

How did you do that? :?
just remove the wires that move the window up and down from the motor, they screw on. then just push the window back up.
Thanks given by:
Ah right, thought youd actually wound it up somehow lol! Doh lol
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Ah right, thought youd actually wound it up somehow lol! Doh lol
if i could tom id have ditched the full electrics and gone Rally spec. Smile
Thanks given by:
They are a pain. Mine has done the same, I'm hoping to fix it this weekend as this heat is unbearable with only my window down!
Thanks given by:
MarkTD Wrote:They are a pain. Mine has done the same, I'm hoping to fix it this weekend as this heat is unbearable with only my window down!
i will let you know what the fault is so if it happens to others they will know what the fault is and how to sort it, Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Latest Bodge (not car related, but outbuilding/electrics!) cpikey316_ 6 2,443 05-05-2018, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  Anyone handy with vehicle electrics/electronics in the Midlands? RetroPug 6 1,403 08-09-2014, 07:17 PM
Last Post: cully