XUD/Bosch gurus....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XUD/Bosch gurus....
Two faults with Racetractor I want to solve before selling....maybe related. Both baffling, to me.

At approx 2000rpm at light load, in any gear, it hunts. Apply more load or change gear/rpm and it instantly stops.

When cold, if the rpm drops too quickly, IE abrupt stop, drop clutch at end of driveway...it dies. Starts immediately. 
When warm, it doesn't die, but JUST manages to catch it before it dies at about 650rpm.

Open to ideas and suggestions ....thankyou
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Any ideas?? I'm assuming it's to do with idle spring in some way maybe
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
seems odd. Definatly sounds like something internal in the pump though. Just whip the pump off and apart and take a nosey. something might be out of place. Ive never seen or heard of this though myself. My only other thought is the stop soliniod playing around maybe not being open enough or something daft. Remove that take plunger out and put back in then take for a drive to see if its all working or not. Youll obviously have to stall the car to stop though
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Yeah. Wasn't sure if vanes very worn maybe. Or springs lose.

Need to get 16v going and as me daily then I can rip bits apart
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If you need any bits I can send you a couple of old be pumps I've got laying about. They're not pug ones but parts can be useful if need be man. Hence why I have them. Or if you get really desperate and need a pump to run it I can loan a working pump but its needed I'll have to pull it off an engine for you. Just drop me a message if I can help pal.

Sent from my Gemini using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
That's kind pal. Have you any transit top hats/throttle shaft/cradles?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The stalling will be your idle Spring, I dare say it your issue at 2k will also be related to this / or the govnor. Most hunting issues are related to the pump / govnor control.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need the help of you Internet Diagnostic gurus JamesPT 10 2,745 12-04-2017, 09:31 PM
Last Post: allye
Lightbulb VNT Turbo gurus, help and ideas please. Dum-Dum 6 4,233 17-01-2017, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Turbo Gurus Can You Help Jimbo 4 1,659 22-06-2015, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum