Water leak in rear of estate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water leak in rear of estate
Found water leak in rear of our estate, off side. Seen drips by/above the plastic "locker", suspect thru side window ? Is this a common fault ??
Thanks given by:
Check your inner arches asap
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Car not being used on the road at the moment, still 2 weeks to go, and then MOT time again. Water drip from metal skin by rear of side window, but may be leak higher up and running down along skins as car pointing up hill slightly.

Any/ many have leaks from rear r/h/side roof rail rear mounting ? or window seal, spot welded seam with window glued to outer skin ??

Car having real hissy fit with remote locking, it unlocks its self over night and the car battery has gone a bit flat, so engine will not start again now.

Suspect water in electrics, bsi or what ever its called, one unit at bottom of car drivers door pillar b, and otherr box under centre consul plastics ??  Any others anywhere ???
Thanks given by:
as said check the area around the rear passanger seat bet mounting point on the reel probably looks like a kitchen utensil

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Wilco, but looked ok yesterday.....
Thanks given by:
so did mine when i first looked!
but i did a bit more digging as i was still getting water in the estate

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Yeap, mine was much worse than that on the passenger side, which was sorted the first year we had the car, but water leak/drip is from the drivers side rear window area, a bit more rearward than the seat belt anchor point. #

In the pictures you can see the spot welded inner and outer panels, may be getting in there somewhere and rolling down the seam to the low point and then dripping off ?

Area was drying off but its raining now, preferred the snow to be honest.

Will be getting the wife to direct  water spray to window area later, while I will be nice and dry inside the car looking for water ingress !

Common fault with water getting into estate rear door/tailgate lock electric's at all ??
Thanks given by:
Ok, sit rep, the upper weather seal has been removed and cleaned as well as the channel area of the roof that the weather seals fits to.

This channel area has 2 "blind threaded " holes that have been "adhesive dot" covered, which may have been letting in water.

I sprayed water in this area last night and it is still getting in, and seems to run down the seam and drip off in the estate right cuddy area.

It also now gushes out from the door seal lower holes like in a similar thread !!

I will attend to some minor corrosion in the blind hole areas and re seal.

I will take off the door seal and check that just in case it is that that is the problem, entering the door seal, filling up the "void" between the u shape and spot welded seam and getting in that way.

I'm having great fun !

I will report back with findings........and some pictures.
Thanks given by:
Ok, corroded paint rotary wire brushed away and area hammerited with second coat, blind hole to be filled with rtv type stuff then re painted and left to cure before refitting the upper weather trim.

The front section above the drivers door will get the same treatment when it stops raining.

pictures crap so will retake and insert Monday.....
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Estate rear quater window camoturd 6 1,459 11-12-2015, 01:10 AM
Last Post: camoturd
  Estate rear bumper help dr_jekyll 4 1,748 26-02-2015, 05:40 AM
Last Post: dr_jekyll
  Estate Rear Wiper tigerstyle 9 1,964 30-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Last Post: me-tm