oil filter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oil filter
which oil filter do you use..??
brand name  money and why?

I got 1.9D  .. Is there a diffrence between turbo and non turbo.

has anyone cut the oil filter to see what crap comes out of it after use?
Thanks given by:
Pretty certain there are the same, most the 306s uses the same filter im pretty certain apart from some of the 1.4 and 1.6 petrols i think. As for a brand i tend to go with mann, purflux or genuine. None of them are that expensive, usually around £5 if not a bit less for one
Thanks given by:
1. mann filters....or
2.purflux as they are genuine.
3.have used mahle (owned by mann)

the others I don't bother with !!
Thanks given by:
perflux from gsf
Thanks given by:
sad to say I just sold the 306 of mine.. it was non turbo.. kinda sad and glad..
Thanks given by:
I always used crossland. They filter stuff, never had an issue as long as servicing is kept to correct intervals. They are cheap. obviously the more you spend the better youll get as a genral rule of thumb but ive genuinlly never seen issues from crossland stuff and ive fitted hundreds of the things. Infact there is a certain company that use them on brand new fleet cars (which i cant say) as they are OEM spec according to manufactor. I do not for one second belive this but various cars have gone back under warrenty and theyve never questioned it
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
i wouldn't say more money more better stuff..
i use to cut them open , an see what comes out of engine , and how well build they are.
many posts on bobstheoilguy forum. its usa forum about car stuff, you can see people send filters and oil to get them tested. when i was in test engineering on cars we use to test oils with the oil companies piggy back them on our new engines we were developing on the dynos.
Thanks given by:
I'd rather spend on the fuel filter for common rail stuff than the oil filter. But with discounts on ecp the difference between crossland n top brand is like £1.50.

Having said that on most everyday stuff I service... It gets crossland. Never found issues as yet
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: