207 1.6 HDI ->>DS3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
207 1.6 HDI ->>DS3
I was thinking of getting a Fiesta but now thought the 207's are very cheap.

I'd like a 110bhp version but not with the glass roof that comes on the GT trim. 

Are this available without and what differences are there with the 90bhp and 110bhp engines?
Thanks given by:
90bhp has the Vacuum Wastegate turbo

110bhp has the VNT style.

Think the injectors are different too, but not 100% on that.
Thanks given by:
Thanks you.

Any idea on how they handle compared to the 306?
Thanks given by:
Not driven the HDI 207 but a 1.6 petrol and the first thing I thought was how cheap and horrible the interior was, Drive was nothing special either
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2018, 12:41 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: I was thinking of getting a Fiesta but now thought the 207's are very cheap.

I'd like a 110bhp version but not with the glass roof that comes on the GT trim. 

Are this available without and what differences are there with the 90bhp and 110bhp engines?

Driven a few, it's like sitting on top of a roller skate and didn't think it was anything special to drive in the slightest. Only advantage is that they are newer and a bit more refined, but frankly with age, they just wear out and the refinement turns to rattle. As above, very cheap interiors, just general mid '00s Peugeot tbh - the lowest of the low quality!

The 1.6HDi is a great engine in honesty, just make sure it's serviced well if a 110 with DPF, just make sure you adhere to the service schedule. Most people assume they know better than the service schedule and then wonder when it goes tits up.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2018, 10:38 AM)Ruan Wrote: Driven a few, it's like sitting on top of a roller skate and didn't think it was anything special to drive in the slightest. Only advantage is that they are newer and a bit more refined, but frankly with age, they just wear out and the refinement turns to rattle. As above, very cheap interiors, just general mid '00s Peugeot tbh - the lowest of the low quality!

That's how my g/f's 206 felt and I hated that feeling of sitting too high. Would it feel better on lowered setup?
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2018, 07:07 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote:
(05-01-2018, 10:38 AM)Ruan Wrote: Driven a few, it's like sitting on top of a roller skate and didn't think it was anything special to drive in the slightest. Only advantage is that they are newer and a bit more refined, but frankly with age, they just wear out and the refinement turns to rattle. As above, very cheap interiors, just general mid '00s Peugeot tbh - the lowest of the low quality!

That's how my g/f's 206 felt and I hated that feeling of sitting too high. Would it feel better on lowered setup?

It may do, but the entire thing is designed to be operated from that position - dashboard is high and pedal angle is designed to be pushed from above like you're playing an organ, rather than pushed forwards/backwards. Just hated the driving position in general and didn't think it was a very nice place to be. Give me a 306 any day.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2018, 10:28 AM)Ruan Wrote: It may do, but the entire thing is designed to be operated from that position - dashboard is high and pedal angle is designed to be pushed from above like you're playing an organ, rather than pushed forwards/backwards. Just hated the driving position in general and didn't think it was a very nice place to be. Give me a 306 any day.

That sounds horrible.

I'm now thinking of spending a little more and getting a DS3, the one with free road tax as the running costs look loads lower.

I've worked out I could save £600 on fuel and road tax.
Thanks given by:
The 90bhp pre-DPF one in the fiesta mk6 is good. You can pick up ZS TDCIs for reasonable money.
They're not a bad place to be sat in either, just not very refined motorway cruisers at all.

They supposedly remap really well- I just haven't done this to mine.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I like the ds3, a lot of them have been abused though.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(07-01-2018, 01:36 PM)RetroPug Wrote: The 90bhp pre-DPF one in the fiesta mk6 is good. You can pick up ZS TDCIs for reasonable money.
They're not a bad place to be sat in either, just not very refined motorway cruisers at all.

They supposedly remap really well- I just haven't done this to mine.

I was thinking of getting a Fiesta mk6 originally after driving my brothers wife's car.
(07-01-2018, 08:57 PM)Poodle Wrote: I like the ds3, a lot of them have been abused though.

Abused, really? In what way, lack of servicing and thrashing?

I've seen some have rust issues under the paint around the wing mirrors.
Thanks given by:
So,

I went for it, I've bought a DS3.

They are a really nice car shame the feel from driving isn't that good.

I've bought the Dstyle plus, lots of toys. It's powered by the 90bhp 1.6 e-HDI.

I found one a lowish milage one that needs a little tlc so was a bit cheap.

It's got 79k on the clock most the ones I was looking at had over 100k and were £500 or so more.

The main issue I've got with it is that there is bugger all feel through the wheel and I hate the cable shift linkage. I'm thinking the cable might need lubricating and not sure what to do with the steering.

[Image: 6eb6c81424fe91034c91ff8074c53119.jpg][Image: b336fd80511b5d05b8f9d749078f66e2.jpg][Image: 676c217a255f4b6e2c23c5d66c5fe4dd.jpg][Image: ff8c719805b054613098bcfee5840b68.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Naff all steering feel...welcome to all modern little fwd vehicles. Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Rust on a 6-7 year old vehicle is a bit alarming!

Ditto to the above for most cars, however I find the newer Fiesta's (maybe not MK8 as I haven't driven one yet) to have great steering feel. The steering on the ST is heavier than in the 306! Much quicker rack and stiffer suspension also.

Got a friend with a 16 plate DS3 with the 1.2 Turbo 110 engine and it goes well and is pretty decent on the juice also. I like them.
Thanks given by:
That rust is only because of a poor quality wing and poor repair.

It looks like the car has been in a little unreported bump. So it didn't show on the HPI but to be fair you could tell it from the poor panel alignment.

DS3, do have a rust issue around the wing mirror though, only because of slight movement around the base of the mirror that disturbs the paint.
Thanks given by:
that will have had a repair previously to be rusting like that.

check the tyres, if they're wanky budgets that will have a large bearing on steering feel, plus its slippery as f*ck out there at the moment, and yes its a modern small car with EPAS.

E-HDi will have the long gearing and the shift indicators IIRC.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
You are right on all accounts but the all the tyres bar one are Michelin Pilot Sport 3 (205/45/17).

Not sure what they are meant to be like but they are not far off the wear limits so will need replacing soon.

Any recommendations on a better tyre?
Thanks given by:
PS3s are a good tyre. They have now been replaced by the PS4.
Thanks given by:
yeah I'd go for ps4
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Great tyre imo. Steering feels like that in all new parts stuff sadly.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: