fuel filter housing changed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fuel filter housing changed
just changed fuel filter housing due to leak, now engine runs then cuts out and fault code 0230 fuel pressure circuit. everything was fine before, have tried to eliminate everything i have done apart from leaking bit now stumped
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2018, 03:45 PM)jason68 Wrote: just changed fuel filter housing due to leak, now engine runs then cuts out and fault code 0230 fuel pressure circuit. everything was fine before, have tried to eliminate everything i have done apart from leaking bit now stumped

touch wood have sorted it see how it performs tomorrow and will update
Thanks given by:
What was it? I was thinking there may be a cap on the inner pressure relief valve.
Thanks given by:
probably just full of air.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
have cured the cutting out but still getting the 0230 fault code and dropping into limp mode, did try a fuel cleaner which helped all points to high pressure fuel regulator on back of high pressure pump which seems to be a common fault and cause this issue, the only other possibility is i let the tank run very low just before Christmas and this may have dragged some crap pout of the tank, thus disturbing filter has allowed dirt into pressure switch. so will clean switch and see what happens
Thanks given by:
Best bet is to plug peugeot planet into it as that should tell you what the issue is rather than getting you a generic fault code. Im in hemyock if you did want to pop over and i can plug it in as i see your only in taunton?
Thanks given by: jason68
I have pp2000 so if any member local to me ( Caernarfon ) needs it plugged in, just ask, glad to help, gratis for members.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuel Filter pug306driver 8 2,728 25-01-2019, 09:50 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  fuel filter body removal pug306driver 9 2,427 07-06-2016, 06:48 AM
Last Post: Paul_13
  New fuel filter :) JTaylor2005 40 8,616 17-05-2016, 06:13 PM
Last Post: Toms306