Merry Christmas all! Little problem with my d turb..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merry Christmas all! Little problem with my d turb..
Sad 
Jumped in it today to pop and see family, there' a faint buzzing behind the dash with the ignition on, click the key to start position and nothing, the battery light comes on.

To accompany this, the clock won't come on and the radio is dead.

II' guessing something simple but what? Car starts fine when I cross the terminals on the starter.

1995 N reg d turbo by the way

Thanks for any input. Missing my tunes Doh
Thanks given by:
Jump it. Sounds like flat battery

Sent from my Gemini using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Batteries perfect. Wouldn't be able to start it from crossing the starter motor connections if that was the case
Thanks given by: Sfin01
Starter solinoid? Bad eaterh?

Sent from my Gemini using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Why would the radio be dead, the clock not working and the quiet buzz from behind the dash at the same time as the starter not cranking though? Was running totally fine yesterday. Has confused me.
Thanks given by:
Think it's the earth from the gearbox to the chassis leg that's broke. Have you checked the earths?
Thanks given by:
I'll check earth's first think tomorrow.. the car is so bloody low to the ground I can barely get my arm underneath it haha.
Thanks given by:
Cleaned up earth's on the chassis leg and rebolted them.

Went to start car off the key and wouldn't turn over, started with screw driver across starter terminals. Jumped in car and radio had power, it turned on for a split second and went off again, same with the clock.
Couldn't find the chassis to gearbox earth so ran my own. Still won't fire off the key???

Do you think it possible the ignition live has fallen off the ignition barrel? I just can't think why there's no feed to the starter motor when the keys turned over and the radio and clock are constantly dead. Got continuity from the battery to all the earth locations in the engine bay now
Thanks given by:
If you can, test you are getting power to the starter solenoid when the key is turned.
Thanks given by:
Took it to an auto electrician today. Turns out there was an immobiliser on it which had cut in. The chap bypassed it and she's back in business Smile
Thanks given by:
does it have the keypad?
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Nope no keypad
Thanks given by: