GT2052...... Assistance Needed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GT2052...... Assistance Needed
Soooo im looking to upgrade Puglets turbo to a GT2052 turbo but have run into a confusing one there seem to be many diffrent models of 2052, for example the ones that come on a vovlo tend to be 2052v but this also runs on some audi's, Saabs run the 2052s and another one ive found is the 2052U does anyone know the best or are they all the same.

Probably a daft question.
Check Out My Build Threads // Puglet Build 
Thanks given by:
Mercedes gt2052s off an early 220cdi, I used one. They're good as they're compact, clockable and the out let is 3 inch for a vband. Plus you can buy a om606 plate already made straight off the eBay that'll act as your flange as they have the same flange

Sent from my Gemini using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Awesome the car will only run a stage 1 on the gt2052 any idea on performance on this or did it make any difference or only really when taken up the higher band of power i.e stage 2
Thanks given by:
injectors are the restriction

160-170 'maybe' at full chat...
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2017, 12:07 PM)mr_fish Wrote: injectors are the restriction

I know the BHP figure just wondered if anyone had any figures for a stage 1 306 hdi with 2052, Front Mount and stage 1 map
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2017, 12:10 PM)TommiePuglet Wrote:
(04-12-2017, 12:07 PM)mr_fish Wrote: injectors are the restriction

I know the BHP figure just wondered if anyone had any figures for a stage 1 306 hdi with 2052, Front Mount and stage 1 map
I may be wrong but I'd guess the fueling of the stage 1 map wouldn't really allow much more bhp, as it's setup for k03s/gt15s etc which would be already burning clean at standard boost pressures. You may see 140bhp? Ideally the 2052 needs a map to suit, you're already half way there with the front mount etc. Get a decent clutch and go for it!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Blaze '6 and Blaze D-turbo!
Thanks given by:
Stage1.... Done.

Pointless to upgrade the turbo or fit an fmic without changing the map. You'll just have a laggy stage1 tune.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
As above, stage 1 is just that, theres enough fuel to make stage 1 power, ie ~120bhp. Would benefit from an exhaust to match (decat and back to midbox conversion would do fine), but theres no need to change anything else.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(04-12-2017, 06:45 PM)Poodle Wrote: As above, stage 1 is just that, theres enough fuel to make stage 1 power, ie ~120bhp. Would benefit from an exhaust to match (decat and back to midbox conversion would do fine), but theres no need to change anything else.

Ok I Think Ill Run This Down For Whats Done To The Pug And We Can Go From There

Stage 1 Map 
Decat + 2.5Inch Turbo Back + Backbox Delete 
Induction Kit ( Not My Choice Came To Me Like This)

The Idea Is To Get It Stage 2 Ready Bar The Clutch I Am Happy To Map The FMIC and Turbo In As I Know I Would Have To Anyway But Clutch Is Last Thing On The List. 

Could I In Theory Run A Stage 2 With A Limited Torque Map If So With All Of Above What Figures Will I Get?
Thanks given by:
Simple answer is yes with approx 150ish HP.
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2017, 08:11 AM)Uberderv Wrote: Simple answer is yes with approx 150ish HP.

Thanks Uber Could Have Probably Put That In The First Post To Make Things Easier, My Next Question Is What Variation Of 2052 is best suited for the 306
Thanks given by:
The GT2052 that's on my car is off a land rover. Known a few people to go for that one. Reasonably cheap and fairly easy to get hold of.
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2017, 01:20 PM)Frosty Wrote: The GT2052 that's on my car is off a land rover. Known a few people to go for that one. Reasonably cheap and fairly easy to get hold of.

Ill keep an eye out seems to be mostly Volvo ones
Thanks given by:
I'd concentrate on getting that cooler fitted first then worry about the turbo. I miss read your other post, 150Hp is possible with a standard turbo. After that I'd be looking at fuel pump+turbo upgrades.
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2017, 04:13 PM)Uberderv Wrote: I'd concentrate on getting that cooler fitted first then worry about the turbo. I miss read your other post,  150Hp is possible with a standard turbo. After that I'd be looking at fuel pump+turbo upgrades.

R70 Pump and a GT2052 is gonna be on the list shortly after the clutch it seems. 

Cheers for all the help guys
!
Thanks given by:
As uberderv said, i would say get your car to stage 2 and a decent map and see what you think. They go pretty well i personally think.
Thanks given by:
Mine made 156bhp on a full torque stage 2 pro Steve remap at 23-24psi on a k03. It went very well, I'd highly recommend going down this route first [emoji106].

Thanks given by:
Another vote for the mercedes turbo here.

Regarding power based on mods: These engines are ecu controlled, so the map controls power. They are mapped to produce x-power by controlling the amount of fuel that goes in, so a map that claims Y-power will make Y-power regardless of what extras you install. The power is limited by the fuel input dictated by the ecu, that's the whole point of mapping it. A stage 1 map will not make stage 2 power just because you fitted an intercooler, a stage 2 map won't see 180bhp just because you've fitted a turbo, it's all in the fuelling. If you want to make more power you need it to be mapped.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(06-12-2017, 06:58 AM)Poodle Wrote: Another vote for the mercedes turbo here.

Regarding power based on mods: These engines are ecu controlled, so the map controls power. They are mapped to produce x-power by controlling the amount of fuel that goes in, so a map that claims Y-power will make Y-power regardless of what extras you install. The power is limited by the fuel input dictated by the ecu, that's the whole point of mapping it. A stage 1 map will not make stage 2 power just because you fitted an intercooler, a stage 2 map won't see 180bhp just because you've fitted a turbo, it's all in the fuelling. If you want to make more power you need it to be mapped.

I understand the whole point and will be talking to ProSteve About A Map For It. Was Just Wonder If Anyone Could Tally Up A Rough Estimate on power for the mods listed.
Thanks given by:
See the HDi Dyno proven power thread Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Don't mean to be rude, but I'm not sure you do understand the point. You're asking for estimated power figures based on mods, but it's the map that dictates power, therefore your question has already been answered.

So if you have a stage 2 map fuelled for 160bhp you will get 150-160bhp depending on health of engine and how well the supporting mods have been done. If you then add a bigger turbo and fuel pump it will still make 150-160bhp, you might gain 2-3bhp from improving efficiency a bit, but that's all.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(06-12-2017, 02:15 PM)Poodle Wrote: Don't mean to be rude, but I'm not sure you do understand the point. You're asking for estimated power figures based on mods, but it's the map that dictates power, therefore your question has already been answered.

So if you have a stage 2 map fuelled for 160bhp you will get 150-160bhp depending on health of engine and how well the supporting mods have been done. If you then add a bigger turbo and fuel pump it will still make 150-160bhp, you might gain 2-3bhp from improving efficiency a bit, but that's all.

Was Unsure That The Limits Might Be Hit And Didnt Realise That The GT2052 and The Original Turbo Gave The Same Power. Thought with the different turbo you might be able to push it abit more that is all.
Thanks given by:
Lol...
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
The turbos don't give the same power.. the mapping gives the same power. The ECU is mapped to deliver an X amount of fuel for a stage 2 map, producing say 150bhp. The X amount of fuel is able to be burnt at a set psi (say 20 for arguements sake) by the standard turbo. Therefore bolting the bigger turbo on with no map will see you no gains as there's no extra fuel to put the larger flow of air to use.

Thanks given by:
The gt2052 has the potential to make more power, correct. But it will only make as much power as the map supplies fuel for. Wink

Have a look at the thread Piggy suggested, maybe have a browse of the various hdi tuning guides in the guide section too. There's a lot of information there that should help you understand more about tuning these engines and what sort of power figures can be achieved.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  These or these??? Some assistance/experience needed ;) highwayman306 9 2,609 14-05-2015, 05:39 PM
Last Post: highwayman306